At ZEISS, the compliance process is broken down into four phases: Prevent, Detect, Respond and Correct.
- prevent compliance incidents through training of employees
- mixture of face-to-face-events and modern learning formats
- mandatory basic course in compliance/ZEISS Code of Conduct for ZEISS employees
- early detection of misconduct
- all employees are called upon to report compliance issues
- appropriate reaction to individuals engaging in misconduct
- systematic and uniform approach has top priority
- show possible organizational and process-related shortcomings through analysis
- achieve continuous improvement
In summary, these four phases can prevent systemic compliance infringements and correct, and as necessary, punish misconduct. ZEISS understands "Zero Tolerance" as an obligation to stop all instances of misconduct detected and, as required, establish or adjust processes to eliminate the possibility of their recurrence.