The world is there to be explored. If you were asked what beauty is, what would you answer? Flawlessness? Modern, shining buildings – spectacularly soaring into the sky? Colorfulness? Or would you think of a mountain-top, covered with trees in the last vanishing rays of the setting sun? A rusty old bridge, connecting two forest paths? A churned beach after a thunderstorm?
As the proverb goes, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. Or to put it another way, beauty can be discovered everywhere, from impressive cities to spectacular landscapes. That's why we are proud to announce the ZEISS Discover Weeks from 15 June to 31 July 2018. Save up to EUR 300 on the list price of selected ZEISS 12 mm to 35 mm wide-angle lenses*.
* This offer is only valid for selected ZEISS 12mm to 35mm wide-angle lenses of the types Milvus, Batis, Loxia and Touit. Purchases are limited to one piece per lens type and per customer. The offer is valid only through current authorized and participating ZEISS dealers and in our ZEISS online shop. Savings refer to the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. ZEISS and participating dealers reserve the right to cancel the program at any time and when there is no longer sufficient stock available to support the program.
Traveling to South Georgia is no easy task. For Hans Strand, this island had been a dream since he was a teenager and at one stage he thought he would never be able to see it. Now the dream had come true and he had his bag full of top-notch ZEISS lenses.
Ultramodern and minimalist buildings are his favorite motifs. His photographic style is characterized by minimalism and the highlighting of the materials used in construction. His images are often long exposures that give the immobile and massive buildings a certain lightness.
The nights with the full moon, and an absence of urban light and noise, quickly drew Timm Allrich into their spell. He waited hour after hour and night after night for that ghostlike light phenomenon – the one that, once seen, you never forget.
Participation in the competition and prize draw as well as its organization are subject to the following provisions:
Section 1: Photo competition with one prize draw
The Photo competition with a prize draw of one “ZEISS Discover Weeks Set”, (comprising a ZEISS VR One Plus and a ZEISS lens cleaning set) amonst all participants of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is organized by Carl Zeiss AG, Carl-Zeiss-Straße 22, 73447 Oberkochen, Germany (hereinafter "Organizer"). The sole Organizer is the party awarding prizes as set out in Section 661 of the German Civil Code [BGB].
Section 2: Participation
(1) Only natural persons who have reached the age of 18.
(2) Entry in this competition is free of charge, not limited to customers of the Organizer and not contingent on the purchase of goods or services.
(3) The competition can only be entered on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter by posting a picture and a comment to the competition posting, respectively posting a picture with the campaign hashtag until 27th July. The participant is solely responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and must be the owner of the picture uploaded. The participant will only be informed of his prize by direct message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. We expressly note that the winner does not need to further confirm acceptance by calling back a premium service (0900), mass calling services (0137), split-cost services (0180) or similar value-added phone numbers. Such requests are not made by the Organizer. Therefore, should the participant receive a request to call back to confirm the prize, irrespective of the means of communication, we strongly recommend that you ignore this request because, as far as we know, they serve fraudulent purposes.
(4) Each participant participates in the competition and the prize-draw with one single contribution. Using multiple Facebook/ Instagram / Twitter profiles to increase your chances of winning ("multiple registrations") is strictly prohibited. Multiple registrations lead to exclusion from the competition in accordance with Section 3 Paragraph 4 of these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
Section 3: Exclusion from the competition
(1) Employees of the Organizer as well as all other persons involved in the development and implementation of the competition and the prize draw as well as their family members are excluded from participation in the competition and the prize draw.
(2) In addition, the operator reserves the right to exclude participants from entering the competition and the prize draw at its own discretion, if legitimate reasons exist, in particular:
(a) in the case of manipulation in connection with access to or the organization of the competition and the prize draw,
(b) in the event of violations of these Terms and Conditions of Participation, particularly in the case of false statements concerning the possibility of taking part in the prize draw (Section 2 (2)),
(c) in the event of unfair conduct; or
(d) in the case of false or misleading information about the participant(s) relating to participation in the competition and prize draw.
(3) The Organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition and the prize draw, insofar as it appears necessary for the sake of fairness and equal opportunities with respect to other participants.
(4) The Organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition in the event of multiple registrations.
Section 4: Organization and execution
(1) In the competition, the drawing of lots will determine the prizewinner amongst all users who posted a picture and a comment within the competition posting.
(2) All participants who fulfil the requirements during the competition stated in Section 2 take part in the prize draw.
(3) Entry in the competition is only possible during the participation period (20th July 2018, starting from the publish time of the competition posting until 27 July 2018, 24:00 (CET). Entries received once the participation period has ended will not be considered for prize draws and prizes.
(4) The prize draw will take place on 30th July 2018 and the winners will informed via direct message and be announced on the Facebook/ Instagram / Twitter page later that day.
(5) Claim to the prize proceeds shall be forfeited if the prize cannot be transferred within 15 days of the first notification of the prize for reasons caused by the winner. The winner shall inform the Organizer on the relevant details, so that the Organizer can transfer them the prize. The winner shall send these either per private message on the social media platform or per email to ph oto @zeiss .de. The winner has 1 week time to get back to the Organizer.
(6) The prizes will not be paid in cash.
(7) Claim to the prize proceeds or any compensation cannot be transferred.
(8) The winner is responsible for any taxation of the prize.
Section 5: Warranty and liability / complaints
(1) The Organizer is not liable for damages resulting from errors, delays or interruptions in transmission, in the event of faults of the technical equipment or the service, due to incorrect content, loss or erasure of data, viruses or in any other way during participation in the competition and prize draw, unless such damage is caused by the Organizer (its bodies, employees or vicarious agents) intentionally or due to gross negligence or violation of cardinal obligations. Damage caused by injury to life, limb and health remains unaffected.
(2) Complaints relating to the organization of the competition must be made out in writing to the Organizer within 14 days of the issue coming to light. Please send the relevant details to to ph oto @zeiss .de. Complaints submitted by telephone or that are delayed are not taken into account.
Section 6: Premature termination of the competition
The Organizer expressly reserves the right to terminate the competition without prior notice and without stating reasons. The Organizer makes use of this possibility, in particular if, for technical or legal reasons, proper organization of the competition and prize draw cannot be guaranteed. If such termination was caused by the conduct of a participant, the Organizer reserves the right to claim damages from this participant.
Section 7: Revoke
The participant may revoke his declared entry in the competition at any time. Revocation must be made out in writing to the contact data of the event Organizer provided in the legal notice section of the company website.
Section 8: Miscellaneous
(1) Questions or complaints pertaining to the competition and the prize draw must be sent to the Organizer. Contact details can be found in the legal notice section of the company’s website.
(2) Legal recourse is excluded.
(3) These Terms and Conditions of Participation shall be subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Germany, under exclusion of the conflict of laws provisions thereof. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods of 11 April 1980 shall not be applicable. Place of jurisdiction shall be Oberkochen, Germany.
(4) If a provision of these Terms and Conditions of Participation is or becomes invalid, in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain hereby unaffected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a legally admissible provision, which comes closest to the commercial intent and purpose of the invalid provision. The same applies in the event of a loophole in these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(5) The Terms and Conditions of Participation and Organization may be amended by the Organizer at any time without prior notice and without stating reasons and will automatically be published in the prize draw.
(6) In the case of a prize, the winner agrees to the publication of his/her name, his submitted content (text, picture) and place of residence in the advertising media used by the Organizer. The winner hands over all rights to the material submitted by him/her (text, picture) without limitation in time or scope. All material can be used on the Internet as well as on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
(7) All personal data of the participant(s) shall be processed and used by the Organizer in accordance with the legal regulations. Please consider the relevant data protection overview.