After many decades of experience in underwater (UW) photography and together with our partner Geomar, ZEISS has created a new class of underwater lenses enabling precise subsea and deep ocean measurements in high resolution. Our goal is to support the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) & Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) operator with best equipment for visual manipulation and navigation underwater. For years we have been active in deep sea research and developing underwater applications for greater depths and demanding environments. We can provide customized underwater lenses in known ZEISS quality for a wide range of applications including inspection, measuring and observation. Our customers value the robustness and accuracy of our products combined with a long lifetime under harsh conditions. Therefore, ZEISS is defining a new platform for real-time capable maritime robotics.
In autumn 2020 we used the first series of ZEISS DUW DISTAGON lenses at depths beyond 5000 m. First results exceeded the current state of the art in underwater imaging. They elevate our pioneering work in deep-sea visual mapping to industrial scales.Dr. Tom Kwasnitschka, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
An outstanding underwater optical performance, rated to 6000 m working depth and a large field of view of 100°.
- 100° FOV
- 6000 m working depth
- front lens in direct contact with seawater (no flat or dome port)
- enables up to 8K resolution and digital zoom
- extremely high light sensitivity at 100° FOV
- corrected field curvature and chromatic aberration
- optimized distortion
- sun shield optimized for straylight reduction
- camera sensor recommendation 2/3" to 1"
- subsea survey and seabed mapping
- marine sciences and robotics
- marine biology
- oil & Gas - pipeline & cable inspection
- research, expedition
DUW Distagon Flyer
file size: 479 kB
Results 1 - 1 of 1