Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE 0005313704), which is listed on the TecDAX of the German stock exchange, is one of the world's leading medical technology companies. The Company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. It provides complete packages of solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including implants and consumable materials. The company supplies innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. Carl Zeiss Meditec AG's medical technology portfolio is rounded off by promising future technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In fiscal year 2014/15 (ended 30 September) the Group’s approx. 2,900 employees generated revenue of almost € 1,040 million.
The head office of Carl Zeiss Meditec Group is in Jena, Germany. The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Application & Research India (CARIn) in Bangalore, India and the ZEISS Innovations Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, strengthen the Company's presence in these rapidly developing economies. Around 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG shares are in free float. The remaining approx. 65 percent are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world's leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries.
It is the strategy of the Carl Zeiss Meditec Group to achieve sustainable, profitable growth as market and technology leader in the field of ophthalmology and microsurgery. The product range is aimed at improving the treatment result and reducing treatment costs through efficient and effective approaches. The success factors are: Innovation, integrated solutions for diagnosis and treatment, and customer focus. Innovation, in particular, plays a key role.
One of the goals is to make cutting-edge technology in medical application accessible for customers. The Group is therefore striving to establish its products as new gold standards in medical diagnostics and therapy. The Group ensures technology leadership by cooperating closely with its customers and by continuing to invest heavily in research and development.
Due to the breadth of the product range, the Company offers its customers the opportunity to make their workflows more efficient, and to achieve better clinical outcomes, by logically networking devices and systems. Comprehensive system integration, including IT-assisted analysis functions, is a key prerequisite for this.
The customers of the Carl Zeiss Meditec Group are facing major challenges in managing rising case numbers, limited public funding and more demanding expectations of patients with respect to the treatment outcome. Integrated products and solutions can help customers to increase workflow efficiency and reduce costs, e.g. by providing clinical decision aids for the physician and options for easy outsourcing of routine tasks to medical auxiliary staff. Digitization offers us massive opportunities in this respect, e.g. in the field of data management solutions. A key prerequisite for the long-term success of the Carl Zeiss Meditec Group is having a deep understanding of the customers' problems and a service offering that is tailored to solving these problems.
Carl Zeiss Meditec has an extensive and innovative portfolio of products for the diagnosis and treatment of major eye ailments. These include:
Carl Zeiss Meditec employs approx. 2,900 people worldwide. Nearly 400 of them staff the head office of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG in Jena. Carl Zeiss Meditec is directly represented in USA, Japan, Germany, Spain and France with its own subsidiaries in these countries. In addition, the Carl Zeiss Meditec Group utilizes the strong global sales network of Zeiss Group, with more than 50 sales companies, thus ensuring itself customer proximity and a crucial advantage over international rivals.
Approximately 65% of the shares are held by Carl Zeiss AG, the remaining 35% are held by freefloat investors. With the exception of Carl Zeiss AG, no shareholder holds more than 5% of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares.
Currently 81,309,610 Carl Zeiss Meditec AG shares are outstanding.
Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are traded at the Deutsche Börse in Frankfurt as well as at regional stock exchanges in Berlin, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Munich and Stuttgart.
Stock exchange abbreviation: AFX
RIC (Reuters Identification Code): AFXG.F (floor, "Parkett") / AFXG.DE (XETRA)
Bloomberg: AFX GR
Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are represented in TecDAX, CDAX, DAX International Mid 100, DAXsector All Pharma & Healthcare, DAXsubsector All Medical Technology, DAXsubsector Medical Technology, Prime All Share, Technology All Share, DAXglobal Sarasin Sustainability German Index, MIDCAP MKT P-IN and HDAX.
You will find current and historic price information at our Website under "Shares" and those of other providers.
On 6 April 2016, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG shall propose to the Annual General Meeting the distribution of shareholders of a regular dividend of € 0.38 per share for fiscal year 2014/15.
The Annual General Meeting will be held on April 6, 2016 in Weimar.
About four weeks prior to the appointed date, shareholders will receive an invitation to the AGM, together with the agenda, through their custodian banks. Shareholders can use the corresponding reply form either to request an admission ticket or to issue a proxy authorisation to the bank. Further formal information can be found in the section "Annual General Meeting" in the current Articles of Association (PDF, 73 kB) of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG.
In addition, Carl Zeiss Meditec acknowledges the recommendations of the German Corporate Government Codex for the support of shareholders in exercising their right to vote. Accordingly, shareholders may also authorise the company’s proxies to represent them. Further details will be included on the respective invitation to the AGM as soon as it has been issued.