When implanting toric IOLs, precision makes all the difference. Astigmatism Management from ZEISS delivers accurate measurements, time-saving markerless alignment and the widest range of toric models available. With a comprehensive and precise workflow, you can achieve enhanced refractive outcomes and higher patient satisfaction.
Wolfgang J. Mayer, MD, PhD, FEBO – Professor and Senior Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Ludwig-Maximillians-University (LMU) Hospital, Munich, Germany shares insights on how to overcome challenges related to toric IOL implantation in cataract surgery with high regular corneal astigmatism after penetrating keratoplasty (PK).
Leading surgeons in the field share their expertise on toric IOL implantation
Roger Zaldivar, MD MSc, MBA „Pearls and pitfalls of pre-operative education on astigmatism correction"
Prof. Oliver Findl, MD, MBA „Hitting the mark: advanced biometry to account for astigmatism correction"
Florian Kretz, FEBO „Precise implantation: tips and techniques to improve intraoperative alignment & postoperative outcomes"
Rita Mencucci, MD “Expanding options for patient expectations in today’s cataract refractive surgery"
Study results published by Dr. Piovella et al. on high long-term stability of the ZEISS AT LISA tri toric
Recent study results published by Dr. Piovella et al. confirm excellent results and high long-term stability of the ZEISS AT LISA tri toric in 114 patients (227 eyes).*
M. Piovella, S. Colonval, A. Kapp, J. Reiter, F. Van Cauwenberge, J. Alfonso. Patient outcomes following implantation with a trifocal toric IOL: twelve-month prospective multicentre study. Eye (2019) 33:144–153
- More choices to better meet your patients‘ individual needs: from monofocal, bifocal, trifocal to EDoF
- New offering: AT LARA toric – the new toric EDoF IOL
- Precise IOL selection out of ~2000 options: smaller 0.5D cyl steps, up to 12D in cyl
- New online IOL power calculator: Z CALC 2.0
- Proven* rotational stability thanks to 4-haptic fixation
- Effortless handling thanks to preloaded injector system and easy alignment
- Simple online ordering in selected countries
* Mencucci, R. et al., Clinical outcomes and rotational stability of a 4-haptic toric intraocular lens in myopic eyes, 2014, JCRS,40: 1479-1487
- Precisely measures posterior corneal surface for Total Keratometry (TK®) using SWEPT Source OCT*
- Exclusive new Barrett TK formulas: Barrett TK Universal II and Barrett TK Toric
- TK can be used in classic IOL calculation formulas
- On-board reference image for markerless toric IOL alignment
- No need for a second device, third-party software or an online calculator
*Study not published. Data on file.
- Improved alignment precision by 40% compared to manual marking*
- No manual eye marking
- Saved 6 minutes throughout the process*
- Fully digital data transfer
- Full HD surgical video documentation
* W. Mayer (2017). “Comparison of visual outcomes, alignment accuracy, and surgical time between 2 methods of corneal marking for toric intraocular lens implantation”. JCRS, October 2017