As the gold standard of perimetry, Humphrey Field Analyzer 3 (HFA3) is your trusted diagnostic partner. HFA3 delivers the interactive analysis you need, when and where you need it.
- Reduce visual field testing time with SITA™ Faster.
- Central testing to view into the macula with SITA Faster 24-2C
- Mixed Guided Progression Analysis™ (GPA™): Intermixing of SITA Standard, SITA Fast and SITA Faster.
- Simplify setup time with a single trial lens. Using liquid pressure, the new Liquid Trial Lens™ instantly delivers each patient's refractive correction with the touch of a button.*
- Simplify operation with the intuitive new SmartTouch™ interface.
- Gain peace of mind with seamless transferability of legacy data from the HFA II and HFA II-i to the HFA3.
- Reduce testing time by up to 50% with SITA Faster 24-2 threshold testing.
- The NEW SITA Faster 24-2C test adds ten additional points for central visual field.
- The points selected cover the areas that are known to be susceptible to glaucomatous defects.
SITA Faster 24-2 improves clinical workflow and patient satisfaction with the fastest test time in HFA threshold testing. Approximately 50% faster than SITA Standard, SITA Faster 24-2 is also about 30% quicker than SITA Fast, yet offers the same reproducibility.
New SITA Faster 24-2C adds ten test points to the 24-2 pattern, which were selected to examine areas along physiologically relevant nerve fiber bundles known to be susceptible to glaucomatous defects.
Dr. Anders Heijl, Lund University, Sweden
How has glaucoma management changed and the use of perimetry along with it?
How do you hope to change the use of perimetry with SITA Faster?
What is the difference between SITA Faster and SITA Fast?
Do you see SITA Faster being the test for everyone and why?
Can SITA strategies now be mixed in GPA?
What studies have been done to develop and validate SITA Faster
...the accuracy of the precision of SITA Faster should be the same as with SITA Fast...we consider the data between SITA Fast and SITA Faster to be completely interchangeable.Anders Heijl, MD, PhD
Dr. C. Gustavo De Moraes, Columbia University, New York
There is compelling evidence that even in early glaucoma cases, the macula may be affected, but you need to use an adequate test to make sure that damage is real.C. Gustavo De Moraes, MD
With the additional test points, what is the value of SITA Faster 24-2C, and how does this new test pattern impact patients and doctors?
How were the 24-2C test points derived?
In your opinion, what is the value of using the 24-2C test for visual field testing and glaucoma management?
How has Integrated Diagnostic Imaging from ZEISS helped your practice?
Dr. Vincent Michael Patella, University of California at Berkeley
How do you hope to change the use of perimetry with SITA Faster?
How do you expect use of automated perimetry to be affected by the advent of SITA Faster?
How has SITA Faster been validated?
How do you see the future of visual field testing with SITA Faster?
What studies have been done to develop and validate SITA Faster?
(With SITA Faster)... patients, technicians, and doctors will be willing to order visual field testing more often and more in accordance with the recommended practice patterns throughout the world.Vincent Michael Patella, OD, FAAO
Dr. Danica Marelli, Houston College of Optometry
Now with the HFA3, we have SITA Faster. Anything we can do to make it faster for the patient, easier for the patient, we feel like we’re going to get better data.Danica Marelli, OD
How has SITA Faster changed the way you manage patients with glaucoma?
What is unique about the HFA3 from ZEISS compared to older models of the Humphrey Field that most of us were trained using in optometry school?
Do you think that the new SITA Faster 24-2C testing strategy will be valuable for diagnosing and managing glaucoma?
Dr. Murray Fingeret, SUNY College of Optometry
The idea of the 24-2C is that it takes all the points on the 24-2 and it adds ten points from the 10-2. So now you have 64 points—but the idea is those ten points right in that center 10-degrees are the ones thought to be the ones most commonly flagged if glaucoma develops.Murray Fingeret, OD, FAAO
Dr. Richard Madonna, SUNY College of Optometry
(The new HFA3 tests) are going to be incredibly important to us as we look at, #1, getting better visual field tests because they’re faster, and/or #2, gathering information about the central 10 degrees in the visual field.Richard Madonna, OD, MA, FAAO
Read an interesting study conducted by Dr. Anders Heijl, Dr. Vincent Michael Patella and others, on the validity of the Swedish Interactive Thresholding Algorithm (SITA) Faster compared to SITA Fast and SITA Standard.
Guided Progression Analysis (GPA) provides an overview of the patient’s entire visual field history, streamlines workflow and can improve clinical confidence. GPA simplifies and standardizes analysis of changes in glaucomatous visual fields.
- Highlights any changes from baseline that represent larger than expected clinical variability
- Provides plain-language messages whenever changes show consistent and statistically significant loss
It helps to differentiate between the localized losses typical of glaucoma and overall depressions caused, for example, by progressive cataract.
(Click the image to enlarge)
- Visual Field Index™ (VFI™) Trend is a regression analysis of the VFI values. It plots visual field loss against the patients' age, as well as rate of progression.
- Glaucoma Change Probability Map is designed to identify progression events in consecutive visits at individual test points.
- GPA Alert displays a plan language message about the likelihood of disease progression.
New HFA Review software provides comprehensive analysis and improves digital workflow. Quickly access HFA reports in every exam lane and modify reports on-the-fly to include and exclude tests, reset baselines and follow up on tests.
Guided Progression Analysis (GPA™), an HFA software module, can add value to your practice.
Data Synchronization automatically updates and integrates patient tests from any connected HFA3. HFA II-i contributes tests to HFA3, enabling you to use existing HFA II-i devices to supplement testing capacity.
Humphrey Field Analyzer 3 from ZEISS
Advancing clinical efficiency for glaucoma
file size: 4,891 kB
Humphrey Field Analyzer from ZEISS
Compendium of peer-reviewed, published clinical articles
file size: 558 kB
HFA3 v.1.5 and HFA Review 1.0 Software Installation Guide
file size: 1,230 kB
ZEISS Humphrey Field Analyzer: Today and Tomorrow
A White Paper by Daniel Epshtein, OD
file size: 1,035 kB
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HFA3 Version 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions
file size: 120 kB