- Acquire full field of view imaging by using vertical stitching
- Perform a non-destructive, high-resolution tomography scan for selected region of interest (ROI) without opening or modifying the battery
- Inspect electrodes and current collectors by segmenting layers of the jelly roll structure
This is possible thanks to the Resolution at a Distance (RaaD) architecture of ZEISS Xradia Versa systems.
Your Challenge: De-packaging a battery to inspect internal components is difficult and requires a high level of expertise. Furthermore, structures of the battery can be accidentally modified during the de-packaging process.
Our Solution: The unique capability of X-ray microscopy. It enables you to
- Perform non-destructive imaging, without opening or modifying the battery
- Use high-resolution interior tomography to uncover fine details of electrode structures
- Discover small defects like foreign particles and cracks
- Detect aging effects related to structural degradation.
Connecting different microscopy scales is key to understanding the materials properties of batteries. Download the poster and learn how to link the right instrument to the right scale for your individual battery research project.
Do you have questions how ZEISS Xradia X-ray microscopes support you to achieve your research goals in Materials Science? You would like to receive more information, a quote, or a product demonstration? Contact us!