- Perform multiscale imaging at three levels of magnification
- Scout the large sample to identify a region of interest (ROI)
- Zoom into ROI to image targeted volumes at high resolution
- Non-destructive workflow, without modifying or re-mounting the sample
This is possible thanks to the Resolution at a Distance (RaaD) architecture of ZEISS Xradia Versa systems.
Sample courtesy of Dr. David Marshall, University of Colorado
Scout-and-Zoom is a unique capability of ZEISS X-ray microscopes that leverages low magnification to perform exploratory 'Scout' scans across a large field of view to identify interior regions of interest for higher resolution 'Zoom' scans without complex sample preparation. The workflow is enabled by
- Resolution at a Distance (RaaD)
- User-selected objectives
- Automated sample positioning stage.