Microscopy is an ever-expanding topic for geoscience, mining, oil and gas, and steel and other metals research. Microscopic characterization provides insight into the chemical and structural properties of petrographic samples, the quantification of minerals, the porosity and permeability of reservoir samples, and the physical and mechanical properties of metals.
ZEISS provides the broadest portfolio of imaging solutions – light, X-ray, electron and ion microscopy with advanced data analytics – to visualize, characterize and quantify the properties and processes of your natural resources and metals. Our solutions link length scales via correlative workflows, delivering knowledge from data to provide the most informed decision-making.
- Characterize and classify the properties of your raw materials
- Understand your reservoir rock’s impact on reservoir performance
- Increase recovery of ores, gems and precious metals
- Analyze the structure and evolution of your steel and other metals from micro- to nano-scale
- Use a range of modalities in multiple dimensions to achieve a full understanding of your advanced materials