Digitize your thin sections with Axioscan 7 – the reliable, reproducible way to create high quality, digitized petrography data in transmitted and reflected light. Uniquely designed for petrographic analysis, the Axioscan 7 combines unique motorized polarization acquisition modes with unprecedented speed and a rich software ecosystem for visualization, analysis, and collaboration.
- Digitize complete petrographic information from massive sample collections at unprecedented speed
- Collaborate without borders with a virtual petrographic microscope
- Revolutionize quantitative petrography with machine learning on large datasets
- Rapid scanning of up to 100 slides in a single run
- Automated scan performance for continuous 24/7 operation
- Intuitive scan profiles with easy to use functionalities
- Fast switching among brightfield and polarization imaging modes
Multichannel acquisition of geological thin section. Different forms of polarization illumination can be used to highlight different features. Plane polarized light (PPL) shows overall crystal color, habit and pleochroism. Crossed polarized light (XPL) at multiple orientations allows for extinction angle and birefringence to be assessed. Circular polarization allows for maximum birefringence to be observed regardless of grain orientation. All channels are aligned using powerful computational algorithms during acquisition, making resulting data perfect for subsequent segmentation and analysis.
- Visualize complex digitized petrographic data
- Flexible acquisition of complex petrographic data
- Automated machine-learning based mineral classification using a single ZEN Intellesis model,
Key learning objectives:
- Learn about benefits of the advanced Axioscan technology
- Rapidly and reliably digitize rock thin sections in a range of illumination conditions, creating high quality virtual slides at unprecedented speed
- Analyze and share data on virtual platforms, enabling virtual teaching and data transparency
- Increase your analytical capability by automated thin section analysis and correlative electron microscopy
Polarization microscopy provides a broad set of challenges when preparing to build automated workflows for sample digitization. These unique challenges, broadly arise from the orientation dependence and can be tackled using a combination of specialized equipment, automation, image processing and machine-learning based analysis techniques. In this technology note we will give an overview of the advanced technologies developed to tackle these challenges, including automated multichannel acquisition, motorized polarizers and analyzers, and circular polarization. It will also cover how these techniques are integrated into ZEISS microscopy platforms, including the Axioscan 7 digitisation platform.
ZEISS Axioscan 7
Your Unique Automated Petrographic Microscope for Digitization, Quantification and Collaboration
file size: 8415 kB
Flyer: ZEISS Axioscan 7
Discover the new possibilities of automated petrography
file size: 2813 kB
Results 1 - 2 of 2
Get in touch with us to get to know what benefits ZEISS Axioscan 7 has to offer for your specific research challenges or facility, book a demo at our customer center, or get a quote. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Become part of this discovery journey and share this page using #ZEISSADAPTS
Axioscan 7 is first of a kind, unique automated petrographic microscope for digitization, quantification and collaboration. Explore what will become possible in the Axioscan Digital Archive for Petrographic Thin Sections: ZEISS ADAPTS