ZEISS LSM 800, the confocal laser scanning microscope (CLSM), is the one instrument you will need for materials analysis. Characterize 3D surfaces' topography in your lab or multi-user facility. LSM 800 enables precise, three-dimensional imaging and analyses of nanomaterials, metals, polymers, and semiconductors. Extend your upright light microscope, ZEISS Axio Imager.Z2m, with a confocal scanning module. Combine all essential light microscopy contrasting techniques for materials with high precision topography. With no need to change microscopes, you’ll save time on set-up. And guided workflows make imaging easy. Profit from the open software architecture that lets you analyze your specimens with your own macro solutions.
LSM 800, your high-end confocal platform, is made for demanding materials applications, both in 2D and 3D. Use a range of contrasting techniques available in your upright microscope.
- Characterize 3D structures with fluorescence in optical contrast or in confocal mode.
- Image anisotropic material with polarization contrast.
- Identify regions of interest with Circular Differential Interference Contrast (C-DIC) and do further investigations of topography in confocal mode.
Reduce set-up times and speed up your time-to-result by performing analyses and imaging without having to change microscopes.
- Simply define the 2D scanning area on your sample, then image and acquire only the region of interest (ROI).
- You have the advantage of full flexibility in size and orientation of the ROI.
- A simplified user interface supports you with guided workflows.
A confocal unit extends your widefield investigations capacity.
- Upgrade your Axio Imager.Z2m with LSM 800 and take advantage of its versatility in hardware, e.g. objectives, stages and illumination.
- Define your own application world using Open Application Development (OAD). Exchange data with external programs such as MATLAB.
- Expand your confocal microscope with Shuttle & Find for correlative microscopy. It offers a workflow from a light to an electron microscope – and vice versa. Effectively combine imaging and analytical methods. Access information in material analysis applications. Absolutely reproducible.
LSM 800 is a confocal laser scanning microscope that uses laser light in a confocal beam path to capture defined optical sections of your sample and combine them in a three-dimensional image stack. Its aperture (usually called a pinhole) is arranged in such a way that out-of-focus information will be blocked and only in-focus information can be detected.
- An image is generated by scanning in x,y-direction. In-focus information appears bright while out-of-focus information is dark.
- By changing the distance between sample and objective lens, the sample is optically sectioned and an image stack is generated.
- By analyzing the intensity distribution of a single pixel through the image stack you can calculate the corresponding height. The height information over the whole field of view can then be combined to form a height map.
- Benefit from imaging with enhanced contrast and high transmission in the visible spectral range.
- Get optimum results in conventional widefield microscopy, differential interference contrast (DIC) and fluorescence.
- C Epiplan-APOCHROMAT objectives are specially designed for confocal microscopy, achieving minimum aberrations at 405 nm over the full field of view. That produces accurate topography data with less distraction noise and artifacts, thus revealing more details of your surface.
- Customize and automate your workflows. When you need functionality beyond the basic ZEN software you can exchange data with established third-party analysis and research software, like MATLAB.
- Create your own macro solution. Enjoy the benefits of an easy access to a vital set of ZEN functions and the ability to include libraries such as the.Net Framework.
ConfoMap is the ideal option to visualize and inspect surface topography in 3D.
- Evaluate the quality and functional performance of surfaces in accordance with the latest metrology standards, e.g. ISO 25178.
- Include comprehensive geometric, functional and roughness studies – and create detailed surface analysis reports.
- Add optional modules for advanced surface texture analysis, contour analysis, grains and particle analysis, 3D Fourier analysis, analysis of surface evolution, and statistics.
ZEISS LSM 800
Your Versatile Confocal Microscope for Research and Failure Analysis
Filesize: 6,561 kB
Microscopy in Metal Failure Investigations
Determine the root cause of metal failure and learn about microscopy tool set for any metal failure investigation
Filesize: 4,316 kB
Microscopy Solutions for Steel and Other Metals
Multi-modal characterization and advanced analysis options for industry and research
Filesize: 12,439 kB
White Paper: Topography and Refractive Index Measurement
of a Sub-μm Transparent Film on an Electronic Chip by Correlation of Scanning Electron and Confocal Microscopy
Filesize: 1,755 kB
Application Note: Graphene Characterization by Correlation of Scanning Electron, Atomic Force and Interference Contrast Microscopy
Filesize: 1,245 kB