Confocal imaging demands the very best imaging quality. With LSM 800 you choose a flexible and compact confocal laser scanning microscope, complete with highly sensitive GaAsP detection and fast linear scanning. Add Airyscan, the revolutionary detection concept from ZEISS to acquire perfect optical sections with a resolution of 120 nm (in x,y) and 350 nm (in z) even in thick samples. With the 4 – 8× better signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of Airyscan you will be pushing sensitivity and superresolution imaging beyond the limits of all conventional confocals.
LSM 800 is your entry into the world of high-end confocal imaging. Simply decide which options your system needs today, then upgrade in the future as your needs grow.
Capture smallest structures with Airyscan at 120 nm resolution
- Use Airyscan to resolve 120 nm, combined with 4-8 x more sensitivity than any classic confocal
- Use up to three highly sensitive GaAsP detectors
- Perform fast linear scanning
- Profit from high productivity and throughput
- Benefit from great flexibility in live cell imaging
- Get uncompromised image quality
- Perform precise quantitative measurements
- Get the full benefits of integrated incubation solutions and state-of-the-art Axiocams for your lab or multi-user facility
- Intuitive ZEN imaging software for complex automated imaging routines with Experiment Designer
- Easily exchange data with third party software
- Define your own application world using the powerful open application development (OAD)
- Use ZEISS Shuttle & Find for correlative microscopy and connect LSM 800 with your ZEISS electron microscope
LSM 800 makes excellent economic sense:
- Get an affordable system with an attractive price / performance ratio that is robust and easy to use
- Save lab space and money: LSM 800 has a small footprint and minimal setup requirements, minimal maintenance and training, is self-calibrating and has low energy consumption
- Enjoy predictable cost of ownership over the entire lifetime
The confocal pinhole itself remains open and doesn’t block light – thus all photons of the whole Airy disk are collected. The signals from all detector elements are then reassigned to their correct position, producing an image with increased signal-to-noise ratio and resolution.
An area detector consisting of multiple detector elements allows great flexibility in imaging modes. Instead of closing the pinhole and universally blocking light, each photon from the z-section is kept. The additional information about the Airy pattern gives access to a perfect optical section with highest sensitivity. Airyscan works with your standard samples and dyes. It's your choice, whether you use it to get better SNR, superresolution or speed.
LSM 800 gives you the benefit of increased scanning speeds so you can resolve those fast movements of labeled proteins that demand equally fast scanning. At an image size of 512 × 512 pixels you will be capturing events with up to 8 frames per second.
Your LSM 800 is constantly monitoring and calibrating the scanner position so you can count on a stable and even field of view with constant pixel times across the whole observation area. This patented linear scanning regime gives you a constant signal-to-noise level and uniform exposure by the illuminating laser throughout the scanned area, including your manipulated regions of interest.
With LSM 800 you will be using more than 80% of the scanning time for data acquisition. Signal-to noise improves by about 29% compared to sine scanning systems. Your experiments will always deliver quantitative data. Likewise, you can adapt the scan field at any time by panning or cropping it, and rotating it freely to best suit the geometry of your sample.
Drosophila brain; Sample: courtesy of D. Reiff, Institute of Biology, University Freiburg, Germany
Mouse retina. Mueller cells stained for RFP (red), Amacrine cells stained for Chat (green), Cone photo receptors stained for mCar (white) and DNA stained with Hoechst (blue); Sample: courtesy of B. Roska, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Division of LLC-PK1 (pig kidney epithelial) cells, green: tubulin-GFP, red: H2B-mCherry.
ZEISS LSM 800 with Airyscan
Your Compact Confocal for High-End Imaging
Filesize: 7,893 kB
White Paper: Airyscanning - Short version
A Novel Approach to Confocal Imaging
Filesize: 1,709 kB
Beampath - ZEISS LSM 800 with Airyscan
Your Compact Confocal Power Pack
Filesize: 2,628 kB
Technology Note: The Airyscan Detector from ZEISS
Confocal Imaging with Improved Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Superresolution
Filesize: 3,958 kB
Airyscan Teknolojili ZEISS LSM 800
En Yuksek Goruntuleme Performansı icin Kompakt Konfokal
Filesize: 11,761 kB
Get in contact with us for more information on attractive new LSM 8 packages, to get your quote, or to schedule a product demonstration. Profit from more sensitivity, resolution and speed. Get the unique combination of gentle superresolution imaging and high speed with ZEISS LSM 8 confocal microscopes:
- Profit from our novel detector design: Airyscan gives you an instant 4 – 8× improvement of signal-to-noise
- See the smallest details: Resolve structures of 120 nm (in x,y) and 350 nm (in z)
- Protect your sample and save time: Acquire the entire fluorescent spectra of all your labels at once