PALM CombiSystem combines laser microdissection with optical trapping. For laser microdissection mark an element on your screen and then start the laser to separate it from unwanted tissue. A targeted laser pulse will 'catapult' your element upwards and contact-free into a collection vessel for further analysis.
The optical trap of PALM CombiSystem manipulates particles with the highest precision at the cellular and sub-cellular level. This allows you to trap, move and position microscopic objects – such as red blood cells and bacteria – intuitively with the force of light.
- Microdissect samples from fixed material to living cells for DNA, RNA and protein isolation
- Applicable to cryosections, FFPE (formalin fixed and paraffin embedded) tissue sections, cell smears, cytospins, chromosome preparations and live cells
- Trap, sort and position with the highest precision
- Manipulate and move particles and living cells in liquids
- Connect modular equipment, such as AxioCam high-resolution digital cameras for fluorescence and bright field that brings additional clarity to your work
- Enjoy an intuitive user interface and functions that are easily incorporated into your workflow
- Benefit from the expertise and technical support of the ZEISS specialists
PALM CombiSystem by ZEISS is a platform that can be integrated with future-oriented technologies – ensuring many years of flexible service in your lab.
PALM CombiSystem is supplied together with the Axio Observer inverse research microscope. That means you not only benefit from an optical trap and microdissection capabilities, but you also enjoy exceptional, proven ZEISS imaging quality.
In addition, your PALM CombiSystem is compatible with many other ZEISS components, allowing you to extend your system and create the versatile research platform you demand with a maximum return on your investment.
PALM CombiSystem uses a focused laser beam to cut out and isolate your selected specimen without contact. The patented laser catapult isolates your target area fast and uncontaminated.
In addition, PALM CombiSystem provides optical tweezers. These are the ideal solution if you demand a high-precision tool for the separation and manipulation of particles at the cellular and sub-cellular level.
The PALM Family - A New Dimension in Sample Purity
Integrated Laser Microdissection and Microscope Systems for Live Cells and Fixed Material
Filesize: 4,842 kB
Laser Microdissection: A Key Technology for Microproteomics
Isolate a single cell population Isolate 30.000 cells in one step within seconds Seamless integrate LCM into your workflow
Filesize: 2,198 kB