Create comprehensive multi-scale, multi-modal images with a sample-centric correlative environment using Atlas 5. This solution extends the capacity of your ZEISS SEM, FE-SEM (field emission scanning electron microscope) or FIB-SEM (focused ion beam). Efficiently navigate and correlate images from any source, e.g. light- and X-ray microscopes. Take full advantage of high throughput and automated large area imaging. Unique workflows help you to gain a comprehensive understanding of your sample. Its modular structure lets you tailor Atlas 5 for your everyday needs in materials or life sciences research.
- Perform large area imaging with ZEISS SEM, FE-SEM & FIB-SEM
- Acquire nanoscale EM images easier and faster than ever before
- Correlate images in multiple dimensions from multiple sources
- Understand your sample by creating unique workflows
- Work in a correlative workspace, the GUI that places the sample
at the center of your workflow
- Gain speed and achieve precision in z when running a 3D Tomography
with Thin & Fast Tomography and True-Z
- Acquire large sets of 2D or 3D nanoscale electron microscope (EM) images for hours or days, without operator supervision.
- Collect single images over thousands of samples, or cover large areas with mosaics comprised of thousands of adjacent images.
- Atlas 5 streamlines automatic image acquisition, using advanced preset and customizable protocols to produce consistent and reproducible results.
- Bring together images from multiple sources. The correlative workspace of Atlas 5 makes it easy. Zoom in from the full macroscopic view of your sample down to nanoscale details.
- Efficiently analyze and correlate images from multiple sources. Atlas 5 is your data hub for images from SEM, FIB-SEM, X-ray, light microscopes and any optical images, e.g. from your digital camera.
- Build a seamless multi-modal, multi-scale picture of your sample with the sample centric workspace of Atlas 5.
- Understand your sample fully, in 2D and 3D with the graphical user interface of Atlas 5.
- Design a workflow tailored precisely to the complexity of your experiment, no matter whether it’s a simple one-step task or a compound experiment.
- A sophisticated workflow environment guides you from setup for automated acquisition to post processing and customized exports, and right on through to analysis.
Atlas 5 combines a 16 bit scan generator and dual super-sampling signal acquisition hardware with image processing and control software for your ZEISS electron microscope.
Acquire images up to 32 k x 32 k pixels on SEMs and up to 40 k x 50 k on FIB-SEMs, with dwell times from 100 ns to > 100 s, adjustable in 100 ns increments. Save your images with eight or sixteen bits of intensity.
- a reduced number of tiles to acquire and reduced computational complexity
- reducing stage motion delay and areal fraction of each image “lost” to overlap
- reduced number of overlap “seams”, leading to less beam damage and degradation of the sample
- Define your exact region of interest and scan only the designated areas with predefined imaging protocols. Profit from reproducible results by developing protocols with ideal imaging conditions.
- Keep images sharp during long acquisition times with the help of advanced auto-focus and auto-stigmation tools.
- Image your sample whenever and wherever you need: Atlas 5 supports multiple sessions on multiple instruments.
- Correlate images in Atlas 5’s sample-centric correlative workspace - bring together 2D images and 3D volume data from multiple instruments.
- Import and align data from light, X-ray, electron and FIB-SEM microscopes to produce a single, consistent picture of your sample.
- Correlate X-ray microscopy volume scans from your ZEISS X-ray microscope with surface features visible in your FIB-SEM.
- Use the X-ray data to virtually localize sub-surface features in 3D to the precisely targeted FIB sites - even if they are not visible in situ.
- Then navigate to those regions with confidence using your ZEISS FIB-SEM.
Get to know ZEISS Atlas 5, its modules, their features and their configurability. Extend the capacity of your ZEISS SEM and FIB-SEM with Atlas 5 as an option. Benefit from advanced capabilities of further modules and learn how they are combined. Atlas 5 modules require Atlas 5. Optional Analytics Module requires ZEISS Oxford Instruments hardware and software package. The Analytics Module on FIB-SEM requires Atlas 5 3D Tomography.
You will have the following tools for array tomography setup:
- Easily define imaging sites for all sections with the Clone Tool
- Detect the shape of the section automatically with the Snap Section tool
- Manage acquisition sites efficiently and even define sub-sites across sections
- Compile all images into a 3D volume with the image stack export tool and explore them with the image stack viewer
- Benefit from 3D Stack alignment & image corrections
You will analyze, present and share results and train colleagues and students:
- Export single or multiple datasets to a format that can be viewed in a regular web browser.
- Even measurements and annotations are possible.
- Create curated slideshows based on the data for presentation purposes and embed additional information like pdf files, images, spectra, movies or audio files.
- Let your colleagues, students or peers freely explore the dataset at its best resolution and share the data easily by exchanging flash drives or by hosting it on a server.
- The user can follow the slideshow or pause at any time to explore the data on their own.
You will execute tomography in three dimensions:
- Use the 3D FIB-SEM acquisition engine with automated sample preparation to achieve precise 3D visualizations.
- Measure and precisely control slice thickness during tomography and gain “True-Z” information to process your data accurately.
- Ensure an accurate, continuous, homogeneous tomogram of samples sensitive to charging, shrinking or beam damage leveraging the “Thin & Fast Tomography”.
- Get to high quality data faster using xROIs (Exact regions of interest), Advanced sample tracking, predictive drift correction and auto-tuning.
- Make use of the image stack viewer with 3D FIB-SEM stack alignment and image stack export including cropping.
You will perform analytics in 3D with an integrated module:
- Add 3D EDS/3D EBSD analytics to your high resolution FIB-SEM tomography acquisition.
- Specify imaging and mapping conditions independently, including landing energy, dwell time and spatial resolution in 3D.
- Use the advanced acquisition engine to automatically switch between analysis and imaging conditions during acquisition.
- Acquire 3D tomography datasets in a static configuration for even more stable 3D EBSD runs without any stage moves.
- Flexible visualization allows you to simultaneously view SEM images and process elemental maps.
- Integrate 2D EDS mappings into the workflow on your FE-SEM and automatically acquire multiple regions of interest.
You will achieve advanced control over patterning geometry and parameters with NPVE:
- Benefit form simultaneous beam control with full patterning and imaging support for ion and electron beams.
- Define operation recipes for smart control of the beam and GIS parameters to ensure consistent milling and deposition.
- Optimize the design of your experiments with 3D profiles and array builder tools.
- Save up to 40% milling time by iIncluding Fastmill, a special scanning strategy that allows you to prepare FIB cross-sections faster and more efficient.
ZEISS Atlas 5
Your Solution for Automated Image Acquisition, Data Correlation and Multi-modal 2D & 3D Workflows
Filesize: 8,845 kB
ZEISS Atlas 5 Array Tomography
Image Your Serial Sections Fast and Efficiently – with Nanoresolution
Filesize: 4,289 kB
ZEISS Microscopy Solutions for Oil & Gas
Understanding reservoir behavior with pore scale analysis
Filesize: 4,587 kB
Application Note: Multi-scale Correlative Study
Gain insights into corrosion evolution in a magnesium alloy using Atlas 5 that efficiently links and navigates between in situ sub-micron X-ray microscopy, nanoscale X-ray microscopy and FIB-SEM tomography
Filesize: 3,681 kB
White Paper: Correlative XRM-FIB/SEM
Study of Thermoelectric Materials
Filesize: 1,068 kB
White Paper: ZEISS Atlas 5
Large Area Imaging with High Throughput
Filesize: 4,056 kB
White Paper: ZEISS Atlas 5
Characterization of Solid Oxide Electrolysis Cells by Advanced FIB-SEM Tomography
Filesize: 1,441 kB
Application Note: Multi-scale Characterization of Lithium Ion Battery Cathode Material
Correlative X-ray and FIB-SEM Microscopy
Filesize: 1,422 kB
Aplication Note: ZEISS Correlative Microscopy
Investigating Structure-property Relationships in a Carbon-fiber Composite
Filesize: 4,026 kB
Visualization of gold and uranium ore-formation in the Witwatersrand ore deposit from the micro- to nanoscale
Filesize: 3,166 kB