Determining grain sizes is a critical analysis to be performed for many sample types due to the fact it can provide insight into a number engineering and mechanical properties such as permeability, strength, and expansivity. As a way to help visualize the grain size distribution in a sample, a color mapping feature has been added onto the existing ZEISS Grain Size Analysis workflows that use the intercept, comparison, or planimetric method. The graphic provides positional information on grain size density and is helpful in finding patterns or anomalies in grain size distributions.
Area of Research:
- Natural Resources
- Petrographic or soil samples with distinguishable grains
- ZEISS Point Counting Workflow
- ZEISS Dendrite Arm Spacing Workflow
- Acquire a normal or tiled image.
- Perform grain size analysis, using the intercept, comparison, or planimetric methods.
- View the grain size color map and change the opacity of the annotations as desired.
- Choose folder to save grain size color map and grain size analysis reporting.
- ZEISS Light Microscope
- ZEN Core
- ZEISS Grain Size Color Map Workflow
Problems we can help you solve:
- automation of your imaging process or workflow
- advanced image analysis and corrections
- automation of your ROI (region of interest) search
- tailoring flexible and adaptable workflows for your configuration
- even, small applications that turn 20 clicks into one
Big problems, little problems. What is your problem? Use the form on this page to tell us more.
You may want to bookmark this site and check back frequently as we are rapidly creating new solutions.