ZEISS Xradia Context is a large field-of-view, non-destructive 3D X-ray micro-computed tomography system. With a robust stage and flexible software-controlled source/detector positioning, you can image large, heavy (25 kg), and tall samples in their full 3D context, as well as small samples with high resolution and detail.
- Obtain 3D data on entire intact electronic components, large raw materials samples, or biological specimens.
- Perform non-destructive failure analysis to identify internal defects without cutting your sample or workpiece.
- Characterize and quantify performance-defining heterogeneities in your materials, like porosity, cracks, inclusions, defects, or multiple phases.
- Perform 4D evolutionary studies, through ex situ treatment or in situ sample manipulation.
- Connect to the ZEISS correlative microscopy environment and perform nondestructive 3D imaging to identify regions of interest for subsequent high resolution 2D or 3D electron microscopy imaging.
A high pixel density detector (six megapixels) enables you to resolve fine details, in their full 3D context, even within relatively large imaging volumes. Or maximize geometric magnification with small samples to identify and characterize micron-scale structures with high contrast and clarity. Rapid sample mounting and alignment, a streamlined acquisition workflow, fast exposure times and data reconstruction, and an optional autoloader system make Xradia Context a high throughput workhorse to meet a wide range of 3D imaging and characterization needs.
Xradia Context is built on the time-tested and well-regarded Xradia technology, repeatedly proven in the field to provide consistent and reliable system stability, image quality, and usability. The user-friendly Scout-and-Scan control system provides you with an efficient workflow environment. Expand your system with Autoloader for automated handling and sequential scanning of up to 14 samples. Or perform 4D studies to measure changes in the microstructure of materials under varying conditions.
As your imaging needs evolve, so should your instrument. Xradia Context now joins the ZEISS X-ray imaging portfolio, benefiting from ZEISS’s ongoing commitment to extend the capabilities and functionality of its systems in the field. And providing guaranteed investment protection, your Xradia Context microCT is the only microCT that can be converted at any time to a ZEISS Xradia 5XX Versa 3D X-ray microscope (XRM), the instrument that set a new standard in laboratory X-ray imaging with its high resolution at large working distance (RaaD) technology and advanced acquisition and contrast methods.
Serve a variety of needs in your central or R&D lab today – materials science, engineering, geoscience, life science, and more – and be ready to expand your capabilities when your imaging needs develop. Xradia Context provides 3D imaging for applications in the fields of materials, life and geoscience research, raw materials characterization, and manufacturing and assembly failure analysis and quality control.
Please fill out the form to receive information on Xradia products. The documentation will be emailed to the address you provide. Please make sure that you enter a valid email address.