Operation remains very easy, indeed: Click or tap on the buttons (tiles) of the control interface to start individual functions or call a sequence of commands – no matter whether for planetarium functions or external (e.g., illumination) systems.
- A common interface for all system components
- Web-browser-based for all kinds of terminals
- Mobile, cordless placement
- Handling with the ease of child’s play
- Flexible adaptation to individual requirements and likings
- Clearly structured default settings of all important functions
- Live operation of all planetarium and device functions
- Active feedback and status information
Demonstrate fundamentals of astronomy, astrophysical facts, geosciences and a host of other scientific relationships in lucid 3D presentation.
- Interactive three-dimensional visualization and simulation of astronomical databases in real time
- Presentation facilities ranging from a detailed model of the International Space Station (ISS) to our native planet, to the solar system and the Milky Way to the cosmic background radiation
- Labels, grids, axes of rotation and many more didactic functions
- Graphic user interface for dead easy interactive simulations
- Simulation of time and place, allowing for object motions with time
- Control in synchronicity with the star projector
Viewing the sky as seen from the Earth is, and will remain, the most significant presentation in any planetarium, whether with or without a star projector. The 2D planetarium of powerdome IV comprises all the classical functions in a synchronous combination of analog and digital projection:
- Starry sky with Milky Way
- All coordinate systems and lines, overlays of all 88 constellations – as pictures, line patterns or IAU outlines
- Sun, Moon, planets — classical and digital projections with zoom, phases and trails
- Didactic aids: Martian loops, the Sun’s analemma, circumpolar circle, the daily arcs of the Sun, etc.
- Telescope-style magnification of all Messier and deep-sky objects
- Atmospheric real-time effects: Clouds, rain, mist, snow, rainbow, polar lights, shooting stars
- Resolution: 1k to 8k
- Frame rate: 24 to 60 fps (120 fps Stereo)
- Color rendition: 8 bit per RGB color channel (standard), 10 bit per RGB color channel (HEVC codec) for optimized color gradients
- Encoder: Generation of powerdome video data
- Codecs: MPEG 2, H.264, H.265 (HEVC)
- Slicing: In real time, no pre-slicing required
The powerdome Show Manager offers the most comprehensive functions for editing shows and animating show elements.
- Editing tools: Timeline with layers and tracks, chapters, preview, animation editor, gamma correction, parameter setting, positioning aids, definition and selection of presettings, default times, resources management, activation/deactivation of layers and tracks, device commands
- Animation editor: Extended editing tools, setting of predefined animations, separate activation/deactivation of indiviual properties in an animation, definition of standard animations, export und import of presettings
Tools and plugins offer efficient help for numerous tasks, some of them optional.
- Video encoder with MPEG2 codec (standard) and HEVC codec and 10-bit color depth per color channel
- Show Renderer (generation of dome masters from a show)
- Live-Stream (streaming of external contents)
- Remote service for quick help
- automatic Slide Show Creator
- automatic Picture Gallery
- Show Exporter (exchange of show productions)