Sunglasses are indispensable for ensuring that you enjoy superb, clear vision and 100% protection against UV rays. All of this is available in a single lens. ZEISS sunglass lenses – the best choice for your sunglasses. Whether you have prescription lenses or not, our comprehensive range features individualized sunglass lenses for everyone.
Are all sunglasses the same? Not at all. When do you wear your sunglasses the most? While shopping? While sitting at a café? Or maybe while taking a walk through the park? Or perhaps when you're playing sports or driving a car? The better your sunglasses meet your needs, the more comfortable they are to wear. Take our test to find out which outdoor lenses from ZEISS are best for you. There are three categories to choose from: Urban, Drive and Active.
All ZEISS sunglass lens categories – Urban, Drive & Active – feature 100% protection against UVA and UVB radiation, providing optimum protection for your eyes. Enjoy comfortable vision when you're outdoors in the sun. Your eyes will thank you.
Here's a tip: the more sensitive your eyes are to light, the darker the sunglass tint should be. Bright tints and gradient tints are ideal on cloudy days with little sunlight, whereas dark tints protect your eyes in strong sunshine.
Our Urban sunglass lens category is ideal for fashionistas and individualists who want to be stylish. We offer eye-catching colors, attractive designs and aesthetically appealing mirror coatings. And all feature 100% protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
What sets our sunglass solutions for life in the big city apart?
- More colors. Select your personal tint from a nearly unlimited number of options – or make use of our large selection of standard and gradient tints ... more
- Stylish options for a mirror coating that can be combined with different options to fit your personal style ... more
- Comfort. Glasses with ZEISS self-tinting lenses prevent the need to switch glasses: they darken quickly outside, but clear automatically indoors. A pair of glasses suitable for everyone and ideal for everyday situations – at work, when shopping, in the park or at a café ... more
Our recommendation for the Urban type:
Trendy tints with fashionable coatings, including anti-mirror coatings, are great for sunny days in the city. If you want to be more comfortable outdoors, choose self-tinting lenses.
- Light intensity: low to high
On the road and lovin' it: ZEISS sunglass lenses are ideal for people who live to drive, as well as for frequent drivers who value maximum visual comfort and safety. An optional polarization filter in the lens reduces the sensation of glare in traffic (e.g. in bright sunlight or when the road is wet). Special tints such as Skylet® Road improve contrast perception. Also available as wrapped lenses for additional protection from the wind, making them ideal for hitting the open road in a convertible. And all feature 100% protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
- You enjoy an exceptionally clear view of the road because irritating glare, from sunlight or reflections on the wet road, is reduced to a minimum thanks to a polarization filter ... more
- A contrast-enhancing tint for optimum vision when driving: ZEISS Skylet ... more
- Effective protection against the wind when cruising in your convertible. ZEISS sunglass lenses are also available as wrapped lenses. With specially reduced thickness along the edges of the lens ... more
- Enjoy greater safety when driving – with ZEISS DriveSafe lenses. These are also available with a special tint and a polarization filter for improved contrast perception when you're on the road ... more
Our recommendation for the Drive type:
Sunglass lenses for driving must be comfortable and provide you with a sense of security. Contrast-enhancing lenses and the traditional tints (brown, grey and green) are recommended because not all colors are suitable for driving.
- Light intensity: middle to high
No matter if you enjoy skiing, biking or working in your garden, ZEISS sunglass lenses are the ideal choice for people with an active lifestyle. These lenses are individualized to accommodate your favorite hobby or sport, with an optional green, red, intensive blue or silver mirror coating. They are also sporty, durable and fashionable – as well as extremely comfortable: the mirror coating prevents annoying reflections on the back surface of the lenses. Also available as wrapped lenses. And all feature 100% protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
What sets our sunglass solutions for people with active lifestyles apart?
- All-round protection against the sun, wind and more: sports eyewear with wrapped ZEISS sunglass lenses features thin edges, even if you have a high prescription ... more
- Enjoy optimum vision on the land and on the water. A must-have for water sports enthusiasts: sunglass lenses with a polarization filter to minimize unpleasant glare and reflected sunlight, such as when sailing, surfing or even driving on wet roads ... more
- Color and tint – perfectly tailored to your needs. Which tint provides the best contrast in which weather? How can yellow lenses enhance your athletic performance? Choose the color you like best with a suitable tint intensity to accommodate every requirement, even in very bright sunshine ... more
Our recommendation for the Active type:
Different light conditions are a challenge, and your eyewear should help you 'read the slopes' so that you can enjoy your time outdoors to the fullest. Functional tints, lenses with a mirror coating and wrapped lenses for good vision protect your eyes and help you see clearly.
- Light intensity: high to extremely high and functional
ZEISS single vision lenses help correct near- and far-sightedness. These lenses are fitted to the individual wearer and are optimized for good vision – even in the periphery of the lens. They're also thin, aesthetically appealing and offer great spontaneous wearer tolerance.
Just like a tailor-made suit, ZEISS progressive lenses are adapted to precisely meet the wearer's needs. This ensures greater wearer tolerance, faster adaptation and all-around clear vision.
High-performance lens coatings make your eyeglass lenses extremely resistant to scratches or static dust particles. The benefit: your lenses remain dirt-free longer, ensuring that they're significantly easier to clean. See better, look better – thanks to the latest anti-reflective coating.
1. "Sunglasses that are both a fashionable accessory but also offer great vision support? I don't believe it!" – It’s true. Even for those who have a high prescription or for progressive lens wearers, ZEISS sunglasses are the optimum solution.
2. Thanks to a nearly unlimited selection of tints, you can revel in the different colors available – just like when buying clothes. Lenses with gradient tints or mirror coatings are currently quite popular. Try them out – maybe they're a perfect fit for your favorite outfit!
3. 100% UV protection to prevent harmful UVA and UVB radiation from damaging your eyes – a must-have for every pair of sunglasses. All ZEISS sunglass lenses are available with 100% UV protection.
4. Taking good care of your sunglass lenses is important. During purchase, make sure you select the right lens coating (such as ZEISS DuraVision) so that you can enjoy your sunglasses for a long time to come.