Today’s mobile technology and on-the-move lifestyles are stressing our eyes. Frequent gaze changes to and from smart devices can lead to eyestrain. ZEISS SmartLife Lenses are specially designed to support quick and easy peripheral vision for all-day comfort.
As smart devices and apps have evolved so has the way we interact with them, creating new forms of visual stress that our eyes are not able to keep pace with.
After conducting extensive research on modern habits and visual behaviors, ZEISS has developed an entirely new lens portfolio to help all eyeglass wearers keep up with the times.
The first-of-its-kind ZEISS SmartLife Lens Portfolio is a complete all-day lens offering to address the daily visual needs of modern people. Broad enough to cover all age-related needs, it is specially designed for today’s connected and fast-paced lifestyles.
Why ZEISS SmartLife? Because although technology has evolved, our eyes haven’t. Therefore our lenses must.
experienced all day visual comfort to balance their connected and on-the-move lifestyle.1
consumers adapted very fast to their new lenses, (within 1 day).2
experienced relaxed vision at all distances.3
experienced ease of viewing in all directions.4
rated the quality of vision with ZEISS SmartLife Lenses as positive.5
The ZEISS SmartLife Lens Portfolio is founded on consumer insights and scientific research of today’s modern visual behavior and individual age-related vision needs.
In summary this entails:
- A sophisticated 3D object-space-model, now also included in the next generation of ZEISS SmartLife Single Vision Lenses.
- New design fingerprints for ZEISS SmartLife Digital and Progressive Lenses
- Both the 3D object-space-model and the new design fingerprints take the dynamic visual behavior from near to far into account, which lead to a smoother transition into the lens periphery with less perceived blur. This enables peripheral vision in a natural dynamic interaction, resulting in comfortable vision and ease of viewing in all distances
- Scientifically proven to enable peripheral vision in natural dynamic interaction.*
- 4 out of 5 experienced smooth vision from near to far across all viewing zones.*
- 8 of out 10 consumers adapted very fast to their new lenses, (within 1 day).*
1. Lenses are adapted according to the eyes’ accommodation ability, taking into account that this ability decreases significantly as we age. Therefore different lens types are offered for every stage of life – fulfilling evolving vision needs as people age.
2. Further optical optimization is done based on the average pupil size of a person’s age group. As we age our pupils’ ability to dilate decreases. For optimization of the lens surface, ZEISS factors in the age-specific pupil size to determine average luminance throughout the day - this is called ZEISS Luminance Design Technology 2.0.
This is achieved with:
- High precision in an advanced lens-eye-system.
- High precision with the point-by-point lens calculation.
- High precision & leading edge in advanced freeform production.
Enabled by the ZEISS thickness optimization algorithm, thin & lightweight lenses are based on:
- Optima – the ZEISS thickness reduction option.
- Flexible base curve adaptation – for further aesthetic lens optimization.
- Thinning Prism – for Digital and Progressive lenses, an individual thinning prism is applied, based on all given order data.
The innovative SmartView Technology, plus Clear Optics and Thin Optics combine to complete the ZEISS SmartLife Lens portfolio and for all ages. Including for the first time ZEISS single vision lenses.
ZEISS’s deep understanding of modern visual behaviors and habits has guided the design philosophy behind the ZEISS SmartLife Portfolio.
This completely new portfolio is divided into THREE categories:
ZEISS SmartLife Single Vision, ZEISS SmartLife Digital and ZEISS SmartLife Progressive Lenses, all with further optimization and individualization based on age-related visual needs.
- This complete portfolio serves a wide range of consumers (20 years and up), addressing their visual needs now and in years to come.
- A comprehensive consumer acceptance test was conducted by the Aston University’s School of Optometry in the UK, has shown high
levels of customer satisfaction.
- ALL clear ZEISS SmartLife Lenses include ZEISS UVProtect Technology.
ZEISS stands for precision and innovation in optics. We push the boundaries – whether we’re providing vision solutions for eyeglass wearers or supplying eye care professionals with state-of-the-art technology and instruments.
ZEISS is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, and is committed to delivering maximum precision and comfort. ZEISS designs and produces lenses, instruments and measurement systems, as well as retail concepts and technology services that continue to raise the bar in vision care.