Carl Zeiss Meditec Group

Mission & Vision

About us

Carl Zeiss Meditec AG which is listed on the MDAX and TecDAX of the German stock exchange, is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The Group’s head office is located in Jena, Germany, and it has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Application and Research (CARIn) in Bangalore, India and the Carl Zeiss Innovations Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, expand the Company’s innovation network.
Around 41 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG’s shares are in free float. The remaining 59 percent are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industry.

Strategic Business Units

The Carl Zeiss Meditec Group’s long-term goal is to leave a lasting mark in the fields of ophthalmology and microsurgery. With our ambition to break new ground, our global teams have succeeded in developing innovative technologies, digital solutions and specific applications for the workflows of our customers, which enable them, for instance, to preserve vision into old age and fight brain tumors.
In addition to developing cutting-edge medical products, we focus on developing and establishing solutions that enable the secure and efficient management of health data, improve workflow automation, and enable the use of intelligent algorithms such as machine learning or artificial intelligence. Our specific workflow solutions for a wide variety of clinical workflows customer groups enable us, as a medical technology company, to take a holistic approach to addressing customer needs and to making a significant contribution to the digital transformation of the healthcare system.

For the ophthalmology market, the Ophthalmology strategic business unit (SBU) offers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios. It includes systems as well as consumables for cataract and corneal refractive surgery, offers products and solutions for the management of chronic eye diseases and for the diagnosis and treatment of posterior eye segment diseases. The Microsurgery SBU offers complete product solutions for visualization of minimally invasive surgical treatments for the fields of neurosurgery, ear, nose and throat, spine surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and dentistry.

Mission and Vision

We set new standards with our cutting-edge medical products and integrated workflow solutions. We drive the progress, efficiency and access to healthcare technology, supporting doctors to improve their patients' quality of life. It is our vision to be the partner of choice for doctors and healthcare professionals in our segment.