Questions to ask at your next eye appointment
Going to the eye doctor should not be a one-way conversation. The important questions below can help you get the most out of your time with your eye care professional.
- Are all eyeglass lenses the same?
- Is there a difference in quality of lenses?
- What are the best lenses for my vision needs?
- Why are these lenses best for my vision needs?
- Can customised spectacles improve my vision quality and comfort?
- Will one pair of spectacles meet all of my vision needs?
- Are there different methods to perform an eye exam? What method do you use and why?
- What do you check for in an eye exam besides my prescription?
Specific Questions Around Prescription Lenses:
- What is a “coating” and what does it do?
- How do I avoid reflections on my spectacles?
- How do self-tinting (photochromic) spectacle lenses work? What brands of self-tinting spectacle lenses are available?
- Does my prescription limit the type of frame I can wear?
- What are “computer lenses”?
- Do I need special lenses for playing sports?
- What lenses are ideal to reduce sensitivity to light and reflections?
- If I have difficulty driving at night, what type of lens is recommended?
- How can I prolong the life of my spectacles?
The ZEISS Online Vision Check How well do you see contrast and color? Check your vision quickly and simply here!
My Vision Profile Determine your personal visual habits now and find your individualised lens solution.
Find a ZEISS Optician Near You