ZEISS introduces LightPro Technology®, a new plano sun lens that offers the benefits of a polarized lens cutting annoying glare, and the depth perception and visual details of a non-polarized lens.
Light reflected from a glossy surface is mostly polarized. Intense polarized light can be a source of glare and generate discomfort. On the other hand, polarized light helps to provide a natural and complete perception of the surroundings.
Intense glare can be blinding and can prevent a good view of the environment.
Mild glare and reflection help to provide a realistic perception of the terrain, such as wet patches or metallic objects on a road.
When it comes to sun solutions against glare, we often think of polarized lenses. However, standard polarized lenses are not always ideal:
- sometimes they feel too dark
- It’s hard to view digital screens
- with a 99% reduction in polarized light, you experience a reduction of contrasts perception
ZEISS has developed LightPro Technology®, a new plano lens solution that filters only the right amount of polarized light, to cut annoying glare while preserving visual information.
With LightPro Technology®, you perceive up to 80% higher contrast compared to a standard polarized lens for a comfortable and sharp vision.
- Glare is greatly reduced
- Visual information is still amply available but the intensity is reduced
- Vision comfort and acuity are ensured
- Contrast and depth are well perceived