ZEISS VISULENS 550
Start protecting your patients’ eyes now with the digital lensmeter from ZEISS.
UV protection starts here. The new ZEISS VISULENSS 550 combines a wavefront technology state-of-art digital lensmeter with an integrated UV spectrometer.
Make your life easier and increase patient satisfaction at the same time.
ZEISS VISULENS 550 offers you intelligent measurement modes for a wide range of lenses, as well as numerous other valuable features. It is equipped with a green measurement LED and a Shack-Hartmann sensor that allows you to precisely determine the power of the entire set of different lens materials and designs without the need to adjust the Abbe number.
ZEISS VISULENS 550 features an advanced UV transmission measurement system using a range of 365 to 490 nm in steps of 3 nm to precisely determine the current level of protection of the measured eyeglasses. The result: high precision and quality measurements for your patients and more upselling support for you.
How well are your patients’ eyes protected against UV radiation?
Almost 80 % of all organic eyeglass lenses sold worldwide do not protect from UV radiation up to 400 nm and therefore do not offer sunglass-level UV protection.1 With the ZEISS VISULENS 550 you can make your patients aware of the different levels of UV protection and recommend the best lens solution to protect their eyes.
UV protection starts here.
- Intelligent measurement modes, including single vision, multi-focal and progressive lenses, tinted and clear lenses, UV transmission measurement mode and contact lens mode for soft and hard contact lenses.
- Tiltable 7” color touch screen with a new graphic user interface – easy to operate, even for inexperienced personnel.
- Digital lensmeter with comprehensive UV Spectrometer with a wavelength range between 365-480 nm with steps of 3 nm.
- Easy to use “Optician Mode” and “Clinic Mode”.
- Shack-Hartmann Wavefront technology for fast, high precision and high-quality measurements of entire sets of different lens materials and indices.
- Optimized housing for longer temples.
Get connected for an easy consultation process.
Connectivity to ZEISS VISUCONSULT 500 – The platform for managing your patient journey from end to end is the new "brain" of your practice ecosystem. By connecting your ZEISS instruments2, it makes your consultation process simple, fast and much more pleasant, both for your patient and for you, leaving you with more time for face-to-face communication.
- Connectivity to ZEISS VISUCONSULT 500 via LAN and/or RS232 serial port
- Transfer measurements from ZEISS VISULENS 550 directly to your patient’s visit profile avoiding typo mistakes
- Higher efficiency leading to more time for your consultation
- Print results in PDF format.
ZEISS VISULENS 550 Technical specifications
Dimensions (W×D×H)210 mm × 270 mm × 417 mmWeight6 kgPower supply100 V to 240 V~ , 50/60 Hz, 40 VAConnectivityRS 232, LAN 10/100 fully isolated, USB 2.0Measurement modesStandard / Progressive / Contact lens / UVThermo printer paper width57 mmDisplayTiltable 7-inch color touch screen
Wavelength545 nm (e-line)Sphere-25D to +25D in steps of 0.01/0.06/0. 125/0.25DCylinder0D to ± 10D in increments of 0.01/0.06/0. 125/0.25DAxis0° to 180° in increments of 1°Addition0D to + 10D in steps of 0.01/0.06/0. 125/0.25DPrism0Δ to 20Δ in increments of 0.01/0.06/0. 125/0.25ΔPupillary Distance (PD)0 to 82 mm
Monitor7" tiltable color touch screen monitor (800 × 480)Device OperationTouch screen and save keyUpdated user interface for enhanced device usabilityConnectivityRS 232 serial interfaceExternal video portLAN (web service, web server, shared folder, remote network configuration)USB (service and data storage)Patient worklist and device memoryAccess to recent measurements (10 measurements via GUI, more via web server)Linkage to patient database (e.g. FORUM or VISUCONSULT 500)3Display of measurement lists (review) and patient worklistsPrints and reportsIntegrated thermal printer with reworked print-outCreation of PDF report to shared network folder (including images)MeasurementsShack-Hartmann wavefront sensor with 81 measurement pointsNew UV module with spectrometer range of 365 to 480 nm in increments of 3 nmHousingOptimized housing for long temples
Spectrometer range365 to 480 nm in increments of 3 nm
1.5 index, middle indexes and polycarbonate lenses demand, World Lens and Frames demand study, SWV Strategy with Vision, (2016).
Consult the list of devices integrated with ZEISS VISUCONSULT 500 available in your country.
Connection to FORUM via FORUM LINK net until complete FORUM readiness and ZEISS VISUCONSULT 500 if available at customer site.