Legal Notice & General Terms and Conditions
Information published under the ZEISS domains may contain references to products and services which have not been advertised or made available in your country. Such information does not imply that ZEISS intends to offer these products or services in your country at a later date. If necessary, you may contact our regional sales organization which will be pleased to provide you with information on the availability of these products and services. The presentation of the products and services on our website does not constitute a binding sales offer.
The content of this Website may be limited for use by persons located within certain geographic regions (such as the United States) and ZEISS makes no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of such region. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website in contravention of legal restrictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If software is offered for download free of charge, ZEISS assumes no liability for any damages resulting from the download or the use of the software. THE DOWNLOAD AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS CARRIED OUT EXCLUSIVELY AT THE USER'S OWN RISK AND WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY OR WARRANTY, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT OF ANY WRONGFUL INTENT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF ZEISS. In some areas of our websites, we also provide information about and links to third party websites. We only do this if we are totally convinced of the seriousness of the respective supplier. However, ZEISS is not responsible for the data protection stipulations or contents of these websites and accepts no liability in this regard. These external links are symbolized by the following icon:
You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless ZEISS and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, service providers, subcontractors and suppliers from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the site and any violation of these Terms. If you cause a technical disruption of the site or the systems transmitting the site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption. ZEISS may, at its option and own expense, assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with ZEISS in the defense of such matter.
Limitation on Liability
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO
RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. IN NO EVENT WILL ZEISS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
ZEISS holds and reserves all rights to the content and layout of its websites. The intellectual property contained in our websites and our brands are protected. The text, images and graphics on our websites and their layout etc., as well as animations and software are subject to copyright law and other protective legislation. Reproduction, rendition or playback of the whole or parts thereof is pr ohibited unless our written permission has been obtained in advance. This website does not grant any license for the use of the intellectual property. ZEISS reserves the right to change, suspend or close down websites at any time and without prior notice.
Despite the careful compilation of the content of our website, we assume no liability for its correctness, accuracy, completeness or for undisrupted access to it. Insofar as is legally permissible, we assume no liability for direct or indirect damages including loss of earnings arising from the use of our website, or in connection with information made available on the website. We reserve the right to change or supplement the information provided, and to do so at any time.
© Carl Zeiss AG – Last modified: January 2021
General Terms and Conditions
Charitable Donation Application
After reviewing the Carl Zeiss Vision Charitable Guidelines below, please complete this form and submit it via this online Application Portal.
Due to the large number of proposals we receive and limited resources we have to support them, all requests must be submitted via this website at least 90 days prior to the event for consideration. We do not accept requests via mail, fax or e-mail. To submit a request, you will need to complete the on-line application below.
In order to be considered for a charitable donation, the applicant must provide documentation from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) validating the applicant’s status as a public charity described by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Once a proposal has been submitted, an acknowledgement email will be sent to your inbox. We will review your proposal and will respond to all proposals within 120 days of submission.
Carl Zeiss Vision does not provide support for the following types of requests:
- Requests by or for the benefit of particular individuals
- Partisan political organizations
- Sectarian, religious, and denominational organizations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity and/or expression, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability
- Tax-supported city, county or state organizations
- Private foundations (even if tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3))
- Local events in areas without Carl Zeiss Vision facilities
Carl Zeiss Vision grants priority to requests for funding relating to the following areas of focus:
- Charitable fundraising requests related to vision needs treated by the Company’s products.
- Programs that provide vision services to low-income children at no cost to the family.
- Programs that provide or encourage science education.
- Programs that address unmet needs of local communities in which the Company has personnel or customers (including, for example, programs that provide relief for victims of natural disasters or other emergencies).
- Programs that encourage public health and wellness education and equitable access to healthcare, as well as community sports and recreation programs.
- Programs that provide accessible and affordable arts and cultural experiences to a community, e.g., the performing arts, architectural and historical societies, museums, zoos.
- Programs that improve the quality of life in the areas of economic and community infrastructure, capacity building, economic development, safe neighborhoods and job training.
- Programs that emphasize student academic achievement, with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement, e.g., early childhood education, K-12; post-secondary; technical and vocational schools.
- Programs that provide supportive services for low-income/at-risk individuals or families to help them on the road to self-sufficiency, e.g., services for families, disabled, elderly; domestic disaster prevention; temporary shelter; and support for the disadvantaged and those living in poverty.
- Programs that encourage sustainability through stewardship of community ecosystems, pollution abatement, natural resource conservation, environmental beautification, renewable energy and wildlife preservation.