ZEISS Academic Program
Metrology is an Essential Part of Manufacturing and Engineering Education
ZEISS can help your institution create an engaging metrology program to prepare students for the precision measurement now needed in manufacturing. Our program goes beyond the theoretical by offering hands-on instruction with cutting-edge inspection instruments. Students get to use ZEISS CMMs and other ZEISS metrology equipment to better understand GD&T concepts, become better machinists, and importantly, gain the necessary knowledge and experience for industry success as highly skilled trade professionals. Beginning in 2015, the program now supports more than 200+ colleges and universities across the country, involving over 28,000 students, and participates in more than 40 collegiate and academic events each year. It supports the needs of both the student and the institution with a single academic solution with ZEISS metrology equipment and free software training, service and application support, student learning material, and online tools.
NEW Scholarship Contest for 2023!
We're bringing back the scholarship program that was such a success in 2022. Students already in our program can win one of five (5) $1,000 scholarships! And, the institution of the first place winner gets a free calibration of their ZEISS equipment!
How a student can be one of the winners:
Simply by showing us how ZEISS metrology has impacted their education and taken them to the next skill level. We want them to share with us their experience, passion for manufacturing, and focus on quality assurance!
- Each student needs to create a simple, yet creative two-minute video showing how ZEISS metrology has helped the institution’s metrology, machining or engineering program.
- The video needs to be submitted to ZEISS by May 31, 2023.
- ZEISS will review all of the videos and select 5 winners who best describe their story.
- Each winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship and the top submission receives a CMM calibration.
Details of the video guidelines and submission process, a quick guide and the rules and regulations. Download all three PDFs:
- ZEISS Scholarship flyer with all the general guidelines, easy-to-follow steps and the student submission form.
- Scholarship Contest Quick Guide with the basic steps needed for each student to create their video.
- Contest Rules and Regulations: the fine print guidelines for the contest that both ZEISS Academic Program teachers and students should know.
Academic Program or Scholarship Questions
If you have any questions about the ZEISS Academic Program or the 2023 Scholarship Contest, please use the form below or contact Joe Zofchak, Academic Program Manager (joe .zofchak @zeiss .com) or Christian Shinners, Academic Program Specialist at (christian .shinners @zeiss .com). Thank you for your interest in metrology education.