In life sciences research you need reproducible data from a whole range of samples in a variety of conditions.
Axio Observer is your stable research stand for demanding multimodal imaging of living and fixed specimens. This inverted microscope offers the latest generation of LED illumination for gentle imaging. And creates the optimal environment for a whole range of samples to deliver reliable, reproducible data.
You can combine this inverted fluorescence microscope with a wealth of technologies and refine it to support your experiments precisely.
- Combine complementary imaging modalities: the Axio Observer research stand offers an abundance of interfaces for technologies ranging from widefield transmitted light to convenient 3D sectioning with Apotome.2, and sensitive superresolution imaging with LSM 880 and Airyscan.
- Choose classic micromanipulation and cell injection, or sophisticated laser microdissection.
- Select the ideal microscope camera from a broad range of dedicated Axiocams or from third party cameras: you will always get the image quality, required speed and sensitivity you need for your applications.
- Expect a significant boost in efficiency and throughput with automation features.
- Adapt your objective to your sample: it's all automatic with this inverted research stand.
- Easily perform your imaging when your inverted fluorescence microscope finds the focus of the sample for you – and keeps it there.
- The Axio Observer inverted microscope is both versatile now and future-proof. With well-documented hardware and software interfaces to create your own customized system.
- Choose the optimal incubation equipment and enjoy easy access to the sample for precise micromanipulation.
- Use fast, switchable LEDs or go for powerful and economic white-light sources in combination with fast filters.
To image subcellular structures you need objectives with a high numerical aperture. But the resulting wide opening angle makes them especially susceptible to spherical aberrations caused by different refractive indices and interfaces in both the optical system and the sample. With Autocorr - a new generation of objectives - you simply adjust the optics of your microscope to your sample. Expect crisp contrast even deep inside in your specimen. And much more efficient fluorescence detection. You will get better data while less excitation intensity will improve the viability of your samples.
Changing conditions such as room temperature influence the microscope as well as the sample carrier and can cause focus drift. Definite Focus.2 compensates for this drift and keeps your samples in focus – even during your most challenging multiple day, multi-position time-lapse experiments.
ZEISS Axio Observer
Your Open and Flexible Inverted Microscope Platform
Filesize: 9,586 kB
Automation in Microscopy.
WILEY Special edition of Imaging & Microscopy – Collection of 4 white papers (Wolff, Pepperkok, Donoughe, Gelman)
Filesize: 1,925 kB