More visual comfort, greater safety.
The lens coating with a blue-light filter.
ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect. For people who are often indoors and find the light emitted by LED light bulbs, TVs or computer monitors makes them tired or uncomfortable.
DuraVision® BlueProtect from ZEISS.
Blue light protection for your eyes.
Modern light sources and displays emit a disproportionately high amount of blue light. While the human body requires a certain amount of blue light to control the sleep/wake cycle, too much of the 'wrong' kind of blue light can pose a health risk and cause eye diseases. Lenses with a ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect lens coating feature a special filter which ensures comfortable vision even when there is a high blue light portion.
Filters out potentially harmful blue light.
Smartphones, LED light bulbs, televisions, computer monitors, e-readers and tablets emit high levels of blue light. The emission of large quantities of blue light is one cause of digital eyestrain. The DuraVision® BlueProtect blue light filter reduces certain portions of blue light. Many spectacle wearers with DuraVision BlueProtect report greater visual comfort thanks to this coating.
Always protected. Indoors and outdoors.
Sunglass lenses such as ZEISS Skylet or ZEISS PhotoFusion self-tinting lenses feature 100% UV protection when you’re outdoors in the sun. An optional enhancement for indoors: DuraVision BlueProtect. This lens coating also filters out blue light with non-tinted lenses.
In brief: what are the sources of blue light?
Blue-violet light reaches the eye in different ways. It's a component of sunlight, but is also emitted by mobile phone displays, computer monitors and televisions as well as LED and energy-saving light bulbs – at different intensities.
Full UV protection in clear lenses. All day. Every day.
UV is always around. Even on cloudy days. UV radiation represents a health risk for your eyes but as also to the eye surroundings. Do you always protect your eyes when you are outdoors? Now all clear lenses from ZEISS come with full UV protection!
The special properties of the lens filter out harmful UV rays and provide your eyes with lasting protection.
Self-tinting lenses. The lenses with integrated sun protection. Stylish and practical.
A pair of glasses for every situation: these self-tinting lenses also work as sunglasses. They darken in seconds and clear up in just a few minutes. And of course they feature 100% UV protection.
Makes working at the computer easier on your eyes.
For greater concentration, less visual stress and a clear head.
Here's one colleague you can always count on – also available with DuraVision BlueProtect: ZEISS Office Lenses are specially optimised for your computer monitor at work. They make the average working day easier on your eyes and ensure that you enjoy better vision.
Prevent eyestrain with digital lenses featuring DuraVision BlueProtect.
Burning or overtired eyes, headaches and neck paints: frequent use of a smartphone, e-reader or tablet often results in digital eyestrain. Digital Lenses can help. They support your eyes and ensure more comfortable vision through a specially optimised near zone. Together with the DuraVision BlueProtect coating, this combination prevents eyestrain – providing you with better vision.
5 Tips for dealing with Blue Light
1. Take a moment to look off into the distance regularly – in particular when working at the computer or when using a tablet or smartphone frequently.
2. Blue light controls our biorhythm. Studies show that blue light in particular is very important for regulating the melatonin level in the human body and thus for controlling a person's sleep/wake cycle and wellbeing. That's why you should consult your optician on how to best filter out blue light.
3. Too much blue light (e.g. when reading on your tablet) and bright artificial light in the evening are not advisable because both can cause insomnia. Keep this rule of thumb in mind: in the evening, use soft light and avoid very bright light. Relax e.g. by candlelight.
4. Daylight contains a lot of blue light. According to different studies, prolonged exposure to high-energy blue light can damage the retina, increasing the risk of macular degeneration over time. The best solution: sunglass lenses with 100% UVA and UVB protection, or even self-tinting lenses from ZEISS.
5. Do you suffer from burning eyes in the evening? Do you have head, neck or back pain? Digital eyestrain might be the cause. Have your eyes tested at your ZEISS optician.