- Supports higher camera autofocus speeds
- Addition of compatibility with the ‘Phase Detection AF’ function
- In some cases, the lens may fail to function correctly when an error occurs in the installation of the firmware upgrade. We strongly advise you to read the instructions carefully to avoid such errors.
- Take care to ensure that the camera contains a fully-charged battery or is connected to a suitable external power source (AC adapter) before installing the firmware upgrade.
- Leave the battery in the camera, or keep the camera connected to the external power source. Failure to do this could possibly lead to the loss of lens functions.
- A previous version of the firmware can no longer be reinstated after installation of the firmware upgrade.
1.) Please format a memory card in your camera. This will be required for upgrading the firmware. Please note that formatting deletes all data already present on the card, including protected files.
2.) Insert a fully-charged battery into the camera or use an external power source (AC adapter) recommended by the camera manufacturer.
3.) Mount the Touit lens on the X-bayonet mount of the camera.
4.) Please read the licence agreement carefully before you start.
5.) Please download the firmware upgrade for the Touit lens you wish to upgrade. Please note that it is important that you read the licence agreement carefully and accept the terms and conditions.
6.) Now copy the file to the previously formatted memory card. Please make sure that you do not change the file names in any way as this would otherwise prevent the recognition of the firmware upgrade by the camera.
7.) Insert the memory card with the firmware upgrade into the card slot of your camera.
8.) Press and hold down the (DISP/BACK) button while turning on the camera.
9.) This screen view appears whether an AC adapter is connected or not. When this screen view appears, press the (OK) button.
10.) Select the menu item (lens) to upgrade the ZEISS Touit lens and press the (OK) button.
11.) Press the (UP) button to select ‘OK’.
12.) Press the (OK) button. Leave the battery in the camera, or keep the camera connected to the external power source. Failure to do this could possibly lead to the loss of lens functions.
13.) Press the (OK) button.
14.) The firmware upgrade has been started. The firmware upgrade installation takes approximately 30 second to complete.
15.) This screen view appears when the firmware upgrade is successfully installed. Turn the camera off.
16.) Reformat the card you used for the firmware upgrade before using it for storing pictures.
17.) Insert a formatted memory card in the card slot of the camera.
18.) Press and hold down the (DISP/BACK) button while turning the camera on.
19.) The current firmware version displayed must now be 1.03.
20.) Turn the camera off after checking the firmware version.