ZEISS AI IOL Calculator When clinical data drives performance.
The new ZEISS AI IOL Calculator is a data-driven IOL power calculation algorithm that uses advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and paraxial ray tracing to provide excellent IOL power calculations.1 It is exclusively available on ZEISS VERACITY Surgery Planner and presents an exciting opportunity for ZEISS customers to contribute to and benefit from AI advancements in the field of cataract surgery.1,2
If you’d like to get more information, please fill out the form below.
A new clinical data-driven approach
For accurate IOL power calculation.
- A unique, growing data collection forms the basis for approaching the complexity of the interaction between the human eye and IOL in a new and evolving way.
- Making A-constants obsolete: ZEISS AI IOL Calculator can utilize more than 16,000 IOL parameters to fine-tune its predictions for each IOL model.
- Advanced artificial intelligence is used to process the huge amounts of real-world clinical data for IOL power calculation. At the moment the ZEISS CT LUCIA 621 and 12 other IOL's can be calculated. Please contact your ZEISS VERACITY team for complete list of IOLs available.
Easy to rely on
- First clinical data for the ZEISS AI IOL Calculator that compare it to other top formulas demonstrate its performance.1,3,4
- ZEISS experts individually check the performance of the ZEISS AI IOL Calculator.
- When using the ZEISS AI IOL Calculator you can rely on the work of our best engineers, software developers and AI experts.
Peer perspective video: Introducing the new ZEISS AI IOL Calculator
Douglas D. Koch, MD
Dr. Douglas D. Koch, is one of the first experts to test a new data-driven IOL power calculation algorithm that uses advanced artificial intelligence and paraxial ray tracing: the ZEISS AI IOL Calculator. In this video, he explains why this is a promising new approach and shows first clinical results.
Easy to work with
Integrated into ZEISS VERACITY Surgery Planner, ZEISS AI IOL Calculator provides latest IOL power calculation in one click. It can be used like any other formula with no change in the clinical workflow. As it does not require any manual typing, it eliminates the risk of transcription errors.
Do you have any questions regarding ZEISS AI IOL Calculator?
Get in touch with us.
Kenny PI, Kozhaya K, Truong P, Weikert MP, Wang L, Hill WE, Koch DD. Efficacy of segmented axial length and AI approaches to IOL power calculation in short eyes. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2023 Mar 17.
ZEISS reserves the right to deactivate IOL models that have already been published for technical or other reasons.
Data on file.
Talk by Wang, ASCRS 2023.