The versatile ZEISS Smartproof 5 widefield confocal microscope is your integrated system for surface analysis: fast, precise and repeatable. Put it to work on a wide range of industrial applications - such as roughness and topographical characterization - that come up every day in QA/QC departments, production environments and R&D labs.
This high quality confocal system is driven by the powerful software ZEISS Efficient Navigation (ZEN) to bring you the added benefits of maximum user comfort and increased productivity.
- Because of its patented widefield, correlated aperture confocal technology, your Smartproof 5 minimizes the time to result thus providing a perfect balance between high resolution and high speed.
- The best of ZEISS optics and proven components enable you to work effectively across a broad range of applications.
- Your Smartproof 5 comes with ConfoMap – the ZEISS version of Mountains-Map – the gold standard in metrology software.
- You easily analyze your data according to international standards and create the respective reports.
- Thanks to the easy to operate system and workflow routines in software, Smartproof 5 is well suited to production and process monitoring.
- Teachable inspection jobs and the workflow-oriented graphical user interface (GUI) guide you through recurring tasks.
- Your Smartproof 5 ensures user-independent data acquisition as a basis for precise and repeatable results.
Integrated and Robust Design
- Benefit from a fully integrated system: optics, electronics and camera are all enclosed in the microscope.
- Your Smartproof 5 is built in a compact manner and its sturdy construction withstands vibration in an effective manner.
The best of ZEISS Optics
The new ZEISS objective class C Epiplan-Apochromat has been especially designed for widefield confocal systems. These high numerical aperture lenses not only produce the best performance in the visible range, but also at 405 nm – the wavelength used for the acquisition of widefield confocal images.
The widefield confocal technology of Smartproof 5 offers greater throughput compared to classical point scanning confocal microscopes. This is achieved by the correlated aperture spinning disc technology integrated in the Smartproof 5 detector module, while maintaining the typical benefits of confocal microscopes for surface characterization. You benefit from excellent height resolving power in combined with superior lateral resolution.
Guided Workflows for Precise Navigation
Orientation is always easy with Smartproof 5, thanks to its integrated ZEN graphical user interface that supports seamless macro-to detail workflows. Thanks to the overview image you can easily define the position to be measured. The acquired data is automatically transferred to Confomap software, allowing you to process and analyze the 3D properties of your sample. Your workflow can be saved, ready to perform the same microscopic 3D analysis again and again.
Output You Can Trust
Smartproof 5 components are motorized so the software can monitor the status of each component. As a result workflows for repetitive acquisitions can be set up easily. By using the powerful ConfoMap software you can analyze geometrical parameters of your sample or carry out roughness analyses in 2D (profile) and 3D (area). The latter are based on ISO standards.
ZEISS Smartproof 5
Your Widefield Confocal Microscope for Routine and Automated Surface Analysis in Quality Control and Research
Filesize: 12,662 kB
White Paper: ZEISS Smartproof 5
Surface Analysis of Laser Polished Additively Manufactured 316L Stainless Steel Using Smartproof 5
Filesize: 5,012 kB
ZEISS Microscopy Solutions for Steel and Other Metals
Multi-modal characterization and advanced analysis options for industry and research
Filesize: 4,308 kB