This press kit is a bundled source of information for journalists, bloggers and other multipliers about ultraviolet radiation and ZEISS UVProtect:
UV radiation is a risk for the eyes. Since early 2018, all clear ZEISS plastic eyeglass lenses have come standard with ZEISS UVProtect technology. Just like a good pair of sunglasses, it delivers protection against UV radiation up to 400 nm. That’s because UV rays are all around us, they’re even reflected and scattered in the shade. We need to raise awareness about eye health and UV radiation: one study by ZEISS shows that many consumers don’t know that clear lenses can also provide full protection. After all, dermatologists claim that UV radiation can also damage the skin, particularly the face. ZEISS lenses also help protect the sensitive tissue around the eyes.
Watch blogger and health-conscious adventurer Friederike Franze, or Freedi for short, as she embarks on a journey through Tenerife’s impressive landscape – and finds out where the sun is at its strongest. She meets Hanna Strecker, a physicist at the Kiepenheuer Institute for Solar Physics, and an employee working on Europe’s largest solar telescope GREGOR at the Teide Observatory, as well as Dr. Katharina Rifai, neuroscientist and physicist at the ZEISS Vision Science Lab at the University of Tübingen. As she explores, Freedi finds out what UV radiation is, where it occurs and how she can protect herself and especially her eyes from it, even with clear glasses. Prof. Dr. Albert Augustin also explains how UV radiation can affect our eye health. (IAC)
You can use the video for online or offline communication. However, if you are interested in the movie or in high quality TV footage we can share it with you. Please get in touch with maria .conrad @zeiss .com
- Press Release “ZEISS Eyeglass Lenses Available with Full UV Protection Beginning in 2018”
- Fact Sheet “UV and ZEISS UVProtect”
- Infographic “What protects against UV radiation”
- Press Release “When it comes to UV protection consumer usually don‘t think of clear lenses”
- Infographic “Relevance of UV Protection in Clear Lenses”
- Article "The Underestimated Risk of UV: Scattered Radiation"
- Interview "A dermatologist tells us why UV protection keeps us looking good for longer"
- Press Release "ZEISS UVProtect Technology wins AOP Product of the Year Award"
- Press Release "A Comparison of UV Protection in Clear Eyeglass Lenses"