ZEISS Axiovert Inverted Microscopes for the Materials Lab and Smart Documentation
Produce high quality images of large and heavy samples effortlessly with ZEISS Axiovert. Let the system take care of selecting the settings. Achieve consistently well illuminated and sharp images. Use all standard contrasting techniques in reflected or transmitted light. With Axiovert 5, you don't even need a PC to view and document images – just connect with a monitor and save directly to a USB device. Increase productivity by opting for automation features.
Focus. Snap. Done.
Discover Smart Microscopy
Axiovert is a smart microscope, delivering excellent results with fast time to image.
- Simply focus and press the single Snap button to save a high-quality image of your material sample.
- Save time and effort and change your samples without needing to refocus.
- Just place the sample on the stage, focus once and stay in focus for further samples, even when changing magnification.
All Your Needs are Covered
Powerful Digital Documentation System
Axiovert makes your routine tasks easier and more convenient. Extend your capabilities and throughput with additional features, e.g. on automation.
- With a wide range of classic and advanced contrast methods such as C-DIC (circular differential interference contrast), you can examine even large and heavy samples with stability.
- If lab space is limited, use Axiovert 5 in standalone mode without the PC. Control the microscope via the OSD (On Screen Display) menu. No extra computer or software is needed, and you can save your images directly to a USB device.
- The motorized Z-focus and motorized XY stage make Axiovert 7 your candidate for even more workflow automation and advanced imaging.
Work Comfortably All Day
Ergonomic Operating Concept
Axiovert is designed to make everyday operations as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Handle your microscope efficiently and relaxed – benefit from the ergonomic arrangement of controls such as the focus drive, stage drive, light manager and image capture.
- The light manager provides uniform brightness at all magnifications, eliminating manual adjustments to the lamp intensity when you’re changing objectives.
- Let the system take care of optimal settings for image acquisition whilst you focus on your results.
Adapt to Your Lab Space and Task.
Imaging and Documentation without a PC
Axiovert 5 standalone operates independently of a computer
via the OSD menu
ZEISS Labscope for Connected Routine Imaging
Operating Axiovert 5 with the Labscope imaging software is ideal for standard imaging
ZEISS ZEN core for Advanced Applications
Use the ZEISS imaging software suite ZEN core to perform advanced imaging and analysis tasks with Axiovert 5 and Axiovert 7
This is Smart Microscopy.
Always stay focused on your sample, thanks to smart microscopy. Camera settings such as white balance, exposure time, and image enhancement functions are done automatically. Without needing additional imaging software or even a computer, you can snap and store images, connect to a network, save data directly on a USB and much more thanks to the Smart Control Box (SCB).
Accelerate Materials Characterization with Automation
With Axiovert 7 you will benefit from higher productivity, repeatable processes based on predefined parameters, and better comparability of results thanks to the motorization of the Z-axis and a motorized XY stage. Take advantage of functions such as autofocus, parfocality, extended depth of field for Z-stacks, panorama images.
Non-Metallic Inclusion Analysis
Industry standards govern the metallographic analysis of NMI (non-metallic inclusions) which is essential to investigate the properties of steels. The modular and customizable software ZEN core guides the user quickly and easily through the workflow and generates a report and an inclusion gallery compliant with the standards.
✔ ASTM E45
✔ ISO 4967
✔ JIS G0555
✔ GB/T 10561
✔ EN 10247
✔ SEP 1571
✔ DIN 50602
Non-Metallic Inclusion Analysis
Axiovert 7 with the ZEN module Non-Metallic Inclusion Analysis confirms that manufacturing processes, grade and quality of the product meet strict specifications for impurities or defects that can cause a component to fail or impact its tensile strength, toughness and fatigue. Powerful inspection views and automated deformation axis detection features make analysis easy, intuitive and repeatable. With additional GxP functionality, ZEN core users are able to offer their customers full traceability and data integrity in NMI analyses, meaning that grade certification is auditable, particularly advantageous for customers in regulated industries.
Link all your ZEISS imaging solutions and obtain meaningful information from your parts or materials samples. Connect your ZEISS microscopes with ZEN core, a software suite designed speciﬁcally for materials research and analysis. This suite not only provides the infrastructure for connected laboratory environments but also contains meaningful pre-configured packages and toolkits for specific tasks.
The toolkit Connect enables a seamless transfer of samples between light and electron microscopes from ZEISS with motorized stages and allows for automatic relocation of regions of interest. Organize and visualize different microscopy images and data from the same sample in their context, all in one place using the Connect Toolkit of ZEN core.
Welding joint. Brightfield, EC Epiplan 5×/0.13
Hardness crack C60 Steel, brightfield, EC Epiplan 20×/0.4
Cast Iron, Circular-Differential Interference Contrast (C-DIC) EC Epiplan 20×/0.4
Cast Iron, Darkfield Contrast (DF), EC Epiplan 20×/0.4
Lithium ion battery. Brightfield, EC Epiplan 20×/0.4
Copper, brightfield, EC Epiplan-Neofluar 10×/0.25
Aluminum anodized, Polarization Contrast, EC Epiplan-Neofluar 5×/0.13
Carbon fiber reinforced polymer, EC Epiplan 20×/0.4
Cast Iron Analysis - image segmentation
Layer Thickness Measurement – automatic detection of a layer
Multiphase Analysis - result view with distribution of different phases
Planimetric Grain Size Analysis - result view