ZEISS Xradia Context MicroCT The Industry’s Most Advanced MicroCT Platform
ZEISS Xradia Context® micro-computed tomography (microCT) is an easy-to-use system for analysis of all types of samples. A high-array detector enables high resolution of fine details even with relatively large imaging volumes. The system features a large field of view, rapid sample mounting and alignment, streamlined acquisition workflow and fast exposure and data reconstruction times.
Full Context 3D Imaging
- Xradia Context provides you with superb image quality, stability, and usability, along with an efficient workflow environment and high throughput scanning
- Resolve fine details in their full 3D context, even within a relatively large imaging volume, with a high pixel density detector of six megapixels
- Visualize buried structures non-destructively in 3D for process analysis, construction analysis and failure analysis
- Maximize geometric magnification with small samples to identify and characterize micron-scale structures with high contrast and clarity
- Take advantage of a streamlined acquisition workflow fast exposure times and data reconstruction
Virtual cutaway view of the interior of an intact catalytic converter
Based on Proven Xradia Platform
- With Xradia Context microCT, you benefit from years of development and proven stability as it is built on the same platform as the Xradia Versa series
- Gain from a system targeted at advances in high resolution, high quality data acquisition and reconstruction
- The user-friendly Scout-and-Scan control system provides you with an efficient workflow environment
- Mount and align your specimens rapidly or expand your system with an optional Autoloader for automated handling and sequential scanning of up to 14 samples
- With the in situ kit, perform 4D and in situ studies to measure changes in the microstructure of materials under varying conditions
- Add the Advanced Reconstruction Toolkit for even faster throughput with excellent image quality
Context microCT scan of intact smart watch.
Convertible to Xradia Versa Microscope (XRM)
- As your imaging needs evolve, so should your instrument. Xradia Context joins the ZEISS X-ray imaging portfolio, benefiting from the ongoing ZEISS commitment to extend the capabilities and functionality of its systems in the field.
- This opens up 3D tomographic imaging that's ready to grow with your needs: your Xradia Context microCT is the only microCT that can be converted at any time, to CrystalCT, or a 5XX platform, all the way up to ZEISS Xradia 620 Versa 3D X-ray microscope (XRM).
Full field of view imaging of a bear jaw
Fields of Application
3D Context microCT scan of smart speaker. Visualize buried structures and defects non-destructively in 3D across a wide range of samples sizes with class-leading resolution at chosen field of view.
3D rendering of a light bulb. Context can be used to perform full sample scanning to check internal structures or identify defects in manufactured components.
Cutaway view of 3D rendering of a mouse embryo embedded in paraffin. Internal structures are visible with high contrast. Sample courtesy of Massachusetts General Hospital.
Virtual cross section through a heterogeneous rock sample revealing multiple phases and porosity.
Virtual cross section through a cycled and de-packaged lithium ion battery, revealing damage in the current collector and cathode layers. Sample courtesy of Prof. D. U. Sauer and Prof. E. Figgemeier, ISEA, RWTH Aachen University
3D rendering of results from a rapid scan of a turbine blade to evaluate geometry and inspect for internal defects or cracks.
Image Quality Based on Proven Technology
Experience excellent contrast and image clarity, enabling easy differentiation of different phases and features to support downstream segmentation and quantification of your data.
Excellent data quality relies on several factors including source characteristics, beam energy tuning, detector geometry and sensitivity, environmental control, motion and vibrational stability, careful system calibration, and reconstruction accuracy. Xradia Context microCT is built on the same platform as the proven Xradia Versa X-ray microscope series, inheriting the same advancements that helped Xradia Versa set the standard in high-performance 3D X-ray imaging in the laboratory.
- Superior high purity X-ray filters to match samples for beam hardening control
- Enhanced automated drift correction modes
- Advanced beam hardening reduction algorithms
- Additional proprietary advanced algorithms to ensure optimal image quality
Easily Protect Your Sample to Optimize Experiment Setup
SmartShield is a solution that protects your sample and your microscope. This automated collision avoidance system works within the Scout-and-Scan Control System. It enables you to navigate Xradia Versa more confidently than ever. With the click of a button SmartShield creates a digital protective layer based on the dimensions of your sample.
With SmartShield, you benefit from:
- Improved operator efficiency enabled by a streamlined sample setup
- Enhanced user experience for novice and advanced users
- Protection of your valuable samples and your investment
- Uncompromising scan quality
Wide Field Mode
Wide Field Mode (WFM) can be used to image across an extended lateral field of view. The wide lateral field of view can provide 3x larger 3D volume for large samples, or give a higher voxel density for a standard field of view. All Xradia Versa systems are capable of WFM with the 0.4x objective. In combination with Vertical Stitching, WFM enables you to image larger samples at exceptional resolution.
Upgrade your microscope with additional accessories to enhance its capabilities
Advanced Reconstruction Toolbox
Higher Throughput with Image Quality
Artificial intelligence (AI)-driven reconstruction technologies for your ZEISS Xradia systems. A deep understanding of both X-ray physics and applications enable you to solve some of the hardest imaging challenges in new and innovative ways.
Maximize Your Instrument’s Utilization
Maximize use and minimize user intervention with the optional ZEISS Autoloader. Reduce the frequency of user interaction and increase productivity by enabling multiple jobs to run. Load up to 14 sample stations, which can support up to 70 samples, queue, and allow to run all day, or off-shift.
In Situ Interface Kit
Push the Limits of Scientific
ZEISS Xradia platforms can accommodate a variety of in situ rigs, from high-pressure flow cells to tension, compression, and thermal stages, to user-customized designs. Moving beyond the three dimensions of space, leverage the non-destructive nature of X-ray investigation to extend your studies into the dimension of time with 4D experiments.
Visualization and Analysis
ZEISS Recommends Dragonfly Pro
An advanced analysis and visualization software solution for your 3D data acquired by a variety of technologies including X-ray, FIB-SEM, SEM and helium ion microscopy. Available exclusively through ZEISS, ORS Dragonfly Pro offers an intuitive, complete, and customizable toolkit for visualization and analysis of large 3D grayscale data. Dragonfly Pro allows for navigation, annotation, creation of media files, including video production, of your 3D data. Perform image processing, segmentation, and object analysis to quantify your results.