The Carl Zeiss Microcopy Deutschland GmbH Young Researcher Award (YRA) is intended to support PhD students and postdocs whose innovative ideas in optical analysis in the context of battery research make a high contribution to the development of the research field. Carl Zeiss Microcopy Deutschland GmbH sees itself as a company that promotes students with exceptional visions who thus make an important contribution to the energy transition.
- Presentation of the personal research project
- Experience the possibilities of the ZEISS connected workflow in battery research
- Discuss actual research topics with colleagues and experienced scientists
Criteria for selection are:
- Enrollment as a doctoral student or post-doc within five years of earning a doctorate who is conducting a scientific project in the field of battery research.
- Submission of a short proposal that addresses a current science topic in battery research. The proposed research should focus on optical measurement methods and and must be submitted by 07/31/2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org - subject: Young Researcher Award (YRA)
- Participation in one of four regional events and the short presentation of the project there, followed by a jury discussion.
- Qualification for the final event held from November 7th to November 8th at the ZEISS site in Oberkochen..
Detailed presentation of the project at the final event, followed by a jury discussion. Carl Zeiss Microcopy Deutschland GmbH will bear the costs for travel and accommodation at the final event. The award winner will be chosen by jury decision.
The first prize winner will win the realization of his research project by five measuring days at the main plant in Oberkochen with supervision by an application specialist in the first quarter of 2024. X-ray-, electron- and light-microscopes can be used here. The results can be used to produce a joint publication