CZI License Agreement
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH grants to You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free software license regarding the software hereinafter specified:
Interface description (documentation) to read information from the image file format of the ZEN (CZI file format).
(Hereinafter referred to as "CZI documentation")
Subject to Your other material obligations under this Software License Agreement, You may construct and distribute “CZI documentation”-specific, user-related programs ("User Programs”):
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH grants the license to You with the sole purpose to enable You, to construct and provide User Programs. Except as stated above, You have no license of any kind to perform any act with or relating to the “CZI documentation”; excluded acts include but are not limited to the acts of sub-licensing, disclosing, selling, renting, leasing, lending, exporting, re-exporting, the “CZI documentation”.
You have no license to use the “CZI documentation” to write data into CZI files.
- You undertake to keep secret the “CZI documentation” and all information related to it and especially not to divulge it to any third party for any purpose whatsoever - even not under a confidentiality agreement - unless and until expressly authorized in writing to do so by Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH keeps all rights regarding the “CZI documentation”, including but not limited to all copyrights. Except as explicitly stated in this License Agreement, Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH grants You no rights regarding the “CZI documentation”.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH will not be liable for the software integrity and operativeness of the “User Programs” constructed and distributed by You.
- The entire risk arising out of activities undertaken by You pursuant to this Software License Agreement is assumed by You.
- All warranties including express and implied warranties of fitness for a special purpose other than those expressly set forth in this Software License Agreement are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH does not guarantee that updates or future versions of the “CZI documentation” will be compatible.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH does not provide any support to You when You are using the “CZI documentation”.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or losses which You or any third party may suffer by reason of Your use of the “CZI documentation” and You shall hold harmless and fully indemnify Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH against all demages and claims as may be made against or suffered by Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH by reason of such use by You.
- You may use the remark “... compatible with the image file format of the Carl Zeiss software ZEN (CZI)...” for promotion, advertising or marketing. You shall not use any other kind of promotion, advertising or marketing with or relating to the “CZI documentation”.
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH and You acknowledge that this Software License Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties hereto as to the subject matter hereof, and shall not be subject to any change or modification except by the execution of a written instrument subscribed to by the parties hereto.
- If a court finds any provision of this Software License Agreement invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect any other provision of this Software License Agreement.
- This agreement and matters connected with its performance shall be governed by construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany without reference to the conflicts of law principles.
- Exclusive venue for all claims arising out of or in connection with this License Agreement shall be the courts of Jena, Thuringia, Federal Republic of Germany.