Introduction To 3D Volume Acquisition Using Atlas On Your ZEISS FIB-SEM
A ZMCC SkillBuilder Workshop
Workshop Overview & Agenda
Atlas 3D is ZEISS’ acquisition platform that extends the capability of your ZEISS Crossbeam FIB-SEM tool. Automated 3D cross-section image acquisition is performed within a comprehensive multi-scale correlative environment. In this workshop, the workflow of Atlas 3D will be covered: navigation and correlation of image from various sources, setup and optimization of SEM acquisition, FIB milling and drift correction parameters for 3D data acquisition, and alignment of the resulting 3D image data stack.
This is a 3-hour virtual workshop that will be streamed live from the ZEISS Microscopy Customer Center (ZMCC) in Dublin, CA. Attendees will be able to view the operation of the instrument via screen-sharing and multiple web cameras and observe the operation of the tool as our FIB-SEM expert covers the topics detailed below.
This workshop is an introduction to 3D volume data acquisition with a focus on using Atlas 3D software on a ZEISS FIB-SEM tool. It is highly recommended that attendees have a basic understanding of scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and experience with Ga+ focused ion beam (FIB) milling. In addition, it is recommended that attendees secure time on their own instruments after the workshop session to practice what was shown using their own samples.
Who should attend?
- New users of Atlas 3D.
- Infrequent Atlas 3D users in need of a refresh on 3D setup and parameter optimization.
- Lab managers, engineers or technicians looking to improve their own skill level.
Learning objectives after completion of this workshop, attendees should:
- Gain an improved understanding of the Atlas 3D software and be able to efficiently navigate to the menus and settings used for 3D data acquisition.
- Improve their understanding of the 3D acquisition workflow using Atlas 3D on a ZEISS FIB-SEM instrument.
- Benefit from reproducible results by improving imaging and milling parameter selections that optimize the quality of the 3D data.
- Share results with a wider audience by exporting acquired images and data.
This is a paid workshop.
Spots are limited.
Access to a SEM after each day is strongly recommended to apply lessons learned and share results with applications team for further support.
Preview the topics covered below and register for the workshop here.
- Introduction and basics of FIB-SEM for 3D data acquisition.
- Introduction to the Atlas 3D software.
- Overview of the workflow required to setup a 3D run.
- Setup of a 3D run, including parameter optimization.
- Example(s) of previously acquired 3D image data.
- Aligning the image stack and exporting the data for use in an image rendering software.
After the workshop sessions, the attendees are strongly encouraged to attempt the methods shown on their own systems with their own samples. Screen sharing sessions to review the data can be setup with the applications team through independent email threads. Our support team will assist in further optimization and answer any questions to help attendees acquire the best data possible.
Michael Campin, PhD
Michael has been working with and promoting FIB-SEM microscopy solutions for over 20 years. He has been an Applications Engineer with ZEISS since 2021 working primarily with GeminiSEMs and Crossbeams. Michael has a background in physics centered around materials science and has extensive experience collaborating with scientists and engineers within the areas of microelectronics materials and process characterization as well as physical failure analysis of microelectronics.
Register for the workshop
Please fill out the form below to reserve your seat. One registration per person. To complete your registration, please submit your payment by clicking the link in the follow-up email.