Ace Slide Scanning on your ZEISS Axioscan 7
A ZMCC SkillBuilder Workshop
Workshop Overview & Agenda
This workshop will cover all aspects of successfully generating whole slide images utilizing ZEISS Axioscan 7. A deep dive into software features with application examples will be covered. Current owners of ZEISS Axioscan 7 with any level of operational knowledge will primarily benefit while Z1 customers will have a chance to work with the added benefits on Axioscan 7.
This is a two-day workshop located at the ZEISS Microscopy Customer Center (ZMCC) in Dublin, CA. With small group sizes of <5 attendees/trainer, you will get valuable, individualized access to the most cutting-edge microscopy solutions ZEISS offers. The full day sessions include presentations to cover foundational microscopy knowledge as well as hands-on time to practice workflows on the instruments.
Topics that will be covered in this workshop include:
System and software overview
- Start-up routine, sample holders and loading
- Daily workflow with prepared profiles
- Automatic Tissue Detection strategies and parameters to adjust
Configuring and optimizing Brightfield Scan Profiles
- Scan profile wizard overview
- Coarse and Fine focus strategies
- Scan settings
- Z stack, EDF, image compression
- Saving and exporting images, ZEN Data Storage
Configuring and Optimizing Fluorescence and Pol Scan Profiles
- Fluorescence scan settings
- Pol Scan settings
- Generate shading references and shading correction
Image analysis and processing in ZEN
- ZEN Connect workflows to combine data from Axioscan and LSM
Who should attend?
- Existing users of ZEISS Axioscan Z1 or Axioscan 7
- Infrequent users looking for a refresher on slide scanning workflows and gain higher level of proficiency
- Lab managers or technicians looking to improve their own skill level to better support and/or train other users of the instrument
- Users with access to a ZEISS Axioscan and ZEISS LSM looking for a combined workflow with ZEN Connect
Learning objectives after completion of this workshop, attendees should:
- Possess an improved ability to select imaging parameters to yield high-quality images of their samples
- Have greater confidence with setting up scan profiles and troubleshooting on challenging sample types and analyzing acquired datasets
- Be connected with the North American Applications team who can support them as they work towards acquiring the best data possible
Workshop package and payment:
- This is a paid training.
- The investment for this 2-day workshop is $2,400. You will receive a link to complete payment by credit card after signing up. If you require a PO to purchase training, please reach out to us after registering.
- This package includes:
- World-class training and certification at the end of workshop
- Hotel accommodation within walking distance
- Lunches and refreshments during the workshop
- Payment deadline: To guarantee your spot and hotel coverage, please submit your payment by February 27, 2024. Attendees are responsible for arranging transportation to the workshop location.
- Once we have received payment, we will send you a confirmation e-mail detailing hotel information, workshop itinerary, and arrival instructions.
Preview the topics covered below and register for the workshop here.
Amita Gorur, Ph.D.
Senior Applications Scientist
Amita is responsible for Widefield and Automated Imaging platforms (Axioscan 7 and Celldiscoverer 7) at ZMCC. Amita has been with ZEISS for 6+ years and has over 15 years of microscopy experience working on projects imaging microbial biofilms, medical implants, and intracellular transport vesicles. There is never a dull day with recent samples spanning chocolate fudge to rock sections!
Amita has a Masters in Integrated Biology and holds a Ph.D. in Comparative Biochemistry from University of California, Berkeley.
Register for the workshop
This paid workshop costs $2,400 per attendee. Please fill out the form below to initiate your registration, and be sure to submit your payment at the link in the automated follow-up email to finalize your registration.
To secure your seat and your hotel room coverage, please submit your payment by February 27, 2024.