XRM University: XRM 201 - Scout and Zoom and High Resolution Imaging on Versa
A ZMCC SkillBuilder Workshop
Workshop Overview & Agenda
Extremely versatile ZEISS Xradia Versa 3D X-ray microscopes (XRM) provide superior 3D image quality and data for a wide range of materials and working environments. Xradia Versa XRM features dual-stage magnification based on synchrotron-caliber optics and revolutionary RaaD™ (Resolution at a Distance) technology for high resolution even at large working distances. Non-destructive imaging preserves and extends the use of your valuable sample, enabling 4D and in situ studies.
This workshop is an introduction to the Scout-and-Zoom function of ZEISS Xradia Versa systems. A foundational understanding of setting up a Full Field of View (FFOV) scan using Scout and Scan software, along with basic proficiency in navigating a 3D dataset, is necessary.
This is a 3-hour workshop with a short break
Topics that will be covered in this workshop include:
- Scout: Reviewing how to set up a full field-of-view scan with a Versa. It is expected for the attendees to know how to find the right scan parameters such as kV, filter, exposure time, etc (as covered in XRM University_XRM 101 Versa Operation)
- Zoom: Finding the Region of Interest (ROI) through different methods and adjusting the new Field of View (FOV)
- Setting up an interior tomography
- High Resolution Imaging Consideration
Who should attend?
- Infrequent Versa users in need of a refresh on scan setup and optimization
- Versa users in need of learning Scout and Zoom
- Lab managers or technicians looking to improve their own skill level to better support and/or train other users of the instrument
Learning objectives: after completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Efficiently navigate within their sample to accurately target the correct ROI for higher resolution imaging
- Choose the best parameters for achieving high-quality interior tomographies
This is a paid workshop with limited availability.
It is highly recommended to have access to a Versa system to apply the lessons learned and share results with the applications team for further support, either during or shortly after the training.
Haolin Qu, PhD
Haolin joined ZEISS XRM Applications team in 2022 and is responsible for both Versa and Context systems at Zeiss Microscopy Customer Center in California. He has a background in petroleum engineering and has years of experience in computed tomography, X-ray microscopy, and image analysis in petrographic characterization and multiphase flow in porous media.
Register for the workshop
Please fill out the form below to reserve your seat. One registration per person. To complete your registration, please submit your payment by clicking the link in the follow-up email.